We are running 3 SmartZone 100 Controllers
We currently have 855 APs, all model
Everything is running very well for our school district. We are now looking into using Google Expedition. The WLAN that the devices connect to:
- Tunnels back to controller
- Client Isolation is turned off (very important)
- Currently Open, but we've tried as PSK
Little bit about Google Expedition. The app is based on MDNS. (Yes another multicast wireless question). A user will start the app on one device and select to be the leader. The device then communicates out using MDNS. Then students start up their app on their device and select to be a follower. They start communicating out with MDNS to find and communicate with the leader.
The devices work very when they all connect to the WLAN on the same AP. However when a device connects to the same WLAN on a different AP then they can't partake in the expedition. They can't see the leader and the leader can't see them.
This forum post is 3 years old. Is this still the expected solution for users to try?
If we do turn off directed-multicast as what the above link suggests:
- If we do this does that mean that all Multicast traffic on the vlan will be sent out to all the APs
- If #1 is true, is it possible to setup a filter for what multicast traffic we want
- If it's a total disaster and we want to revert back to directed-multicast, what commands do we run. (Assuming instead of no qos directed-multicast we just type qos directed-multicast).
Thanks in advance!