FW upgrade issue

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I have 30 H510 APs having unknown FW version and not registering in SmartZone. I have the correct FW downloaded but APs are not allowing access through web portal, TFTP or SSH. Please help me on FW upgrade.
Photo of Chamika Halloluwa

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Arun Nagaraj

Arun Nagaraj, Employee

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
HI Chamika,

Are these H510 Ap's new Ap's ?

What is the SmartZone Firmware ?

Can you please try to connect one of the Ap to a laptop and try to ssh to it with Ip address 192.168.0.1 and the default username/password is super/sp-admin.

Once you login, please check the H510 Ap's firmware with the command get version. Please share us the output.

Regards,
Arun N

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Actually those were working fine before. What happened is at a point our vendor upgraded the firmware of the SmartZone and loosed the connectivity of all the APs. Now they downgraded the FW of controller to 3.6.2.0.250. We were able to downgrade many of APs FW but these not accessible at all. I have tried with a laptop with ssh. It seems this FW is disabled all the SSH, Telnet and web portals access. I have no access to the these APs at all. But with SH CDP command in the switch I can see it is getting correct IP address but not reporting to the controller. 
Photo of Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer, Official Rep

• 415 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Hi Chamika,

First you have to figure out if AP is reachable from network over its IP address, if yes, then check if you are able to SSH into it or not.

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Omer, Thanks for your efforts on assisting me. I can reach the APs and no any issue with DHCP as well. The whole point here is with my previous controller FW it has pushed FW to these APs which is not giving any access to the APs. I have tested with SSH, Telnet and web portal as well. Now I have correct FW in my hand but there is no way to upgrade those APs.
Photo of Arun Nagaraj

Arun Nagaraj, Employee

• 18 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Chamika,

Have you tried resetting one of the AP and check if they are accessible over SSH.

Regards,
Arun N

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Reset many times. Hard reset as well.

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it possible to upgrade the FW with USB as these all APs are having USB port.

Photo of Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer, Official Rep

• 415 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Hi Chamika,

No, USB port is not for firmware upgrade. USB port is given for IOT dongle support.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer
Photo of Nikita Zaiko

Nikita Zaiko

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Chamika! It seems strange that hard reset didn't help. I would completely separate an AP from any network and connect to a laptop via an isolated switch or a PoE injector. Then do the hard reset and try to web-access the AP at 192.168.0.1.

Does the AP broadcast any SSIDs after hard reset?

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nikita, I have done exactly as you said but still same. If there is no DHCP it is taking 192.168.0.1 but can't access with ssh or web portal. (When there is DHCP it is taking IP from the scope) All these APs are broadcasting Configure.Me-xxxxx SSID. I was able to connect to AP thorough WiFi but was not able to access the AP.
Photo of Nikita Zaiko

Nikita Zaiko

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Chamika, The following thread says that if an AP was managed by a controller before, it's web access will be disabled (http and https will be disabled):
https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/what-is-the-password-for-configure-me-ssid-a...
However, SSH should work...

Can you actually ping 192.168.0.1 when AP is isolated after hard reset with no reachable DHCP servers? If ping works and SSH doesn't (no response) then it's probably time for RMA.

Chamika Halloluwa

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I can ping 192.168.0.1 but cant reached using SSH. I might go for RMA then.