Email notification default time setting

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

How about the default time for email sent out of AP lost contact notification? can i change default time setting? when AP lost connect to ZD, after around 3-4 min then email send out to me. My ZD 3000 Version 9.6.0.0 build 267 Thank!
Photo of Teddy Chan

Teddy Chan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of DRC

DRC

• 16 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Minimize the SMTP server wait time in the CLI.
SSH to ZD, config alarm, look to change smtp-wait-time.
Page 340 and 343 of CLI guide shows you how (download from support.ruckuswireless.com > zonedirector > documents > 9.6 CLI Guide).

Also, what is delivery time of your mailserver usually? If you send a test from a mail client (connected to your selected SMTP server) to your delivery client, how long does THAT take? Just a consideration.
Photo of Teddy Chan

Teddy Chan

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
After apply the setting of SMTP-wait-time 1 in CLI, it still seems doesn’t work.

Below I have done a test;
1. Unplug the AP. After 20-30 seconds, Dashboard - All Events/Activities - show AP XXXX heartbeats lost. 30mins later I have received “AP Contact Lost” email notification.
2. I click the “Test” button on “Email Notification” setup page, it show success and I got the email immediately.
it seems ZD have 30mins time delay to send out the alert e-mail.
Photo of DRC

DRC

• 16 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thank you for testing, and I'm sorry that didn't work.

The way I see it, this is a safe default option for Ruckus (30 min). You don't want to waste cycles on too many errors once turned on. There is that fine line with too much reporting.

However, it does stand to reason that this could be a feature request to ask the Ruckus team for future consideration, with the justification that it is for those that need it.

Be as it may, I think this particular need is better taken care by an SNMP solution with notification (i.e. SNMP monitor AP(s), when down after a set threshold, email/call/text/alarm). How do you feel about that?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.