Create Custom Bonjour Gateway Service with Port Range/Number?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • (Edited)
Hi!

I'm getting close to a working solution for accessing Barco Clickshare device on a wired VLAN, from all Wifi networks on separate VLANs/subnets/IP ranges.

I created internal firewall rules for inter-VLAN routing. I can see the Baro device available via Apple Airplay, after I created AirPlay Bonjour Gateway Service access on Unleashed AP. So, it is discoverable...

...But it never connects. I think I need to create custom Bonjour Gateway Services as per the attached image, to enable all ClickShare services. Unfortunately, I cannot add ports or port ranges via the GUI - only service names like "_googlecast._tcp."

1) Is there a way to create Port ranges in the Bonjour Gateway?

2) Is this the correct way to configure? The GUI reaches a limit of 32 Rules...

Photo of Benjamin Whitehouse

Benjamin Whitehouse

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Benjamin Whitehouse

Benjamin Whitehouse

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The response from Ruckus support is: 

"The Bonjour configuration should be 2 way. If the communication is between Vlan 2 and Vlan 3. Their should be 2 entries which I already see on your configuration. We will not be able to configure Bonjour based on port. As the traffic used for communication is multicast."

The ClickShare ports used are: https://www.barco.com/en/support/clickshare-cse-200/knowledge-base/KB5085

Somehow we have to translate these ClickShare Ports into service names in the Ruckus Bonjour Gateway config...