Convert r500 to unleashed

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi, I purchased two r500 AP's and I'd like to convert them to unleashed. However, I can't login to the AP. It keeps saying webpage not available. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Photo of RogueDevice

RogueDevice

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2098 Posts
  • 296 Reply Likes
If you purchase Unleashed 9U1 part number APs, the firmware will advertise a Configure.ME-XXYYZZ ssid to connect to for management.
If you have two 901 ZoneFlex R500s, you may have to factory default to get access to the WebUI (depending on if they were ZD managed).
If you ever need to RMA one of these APs, you will receive a ZoneFlex R500 again.
Photo of RogueDevice

RogueDevice

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks. I don't have zonedirector, if that matters. I also did a hard reset, but still no luck.
Photo of JasonS

JasonS

• 89 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
If you have done a hard reset, I would guess you now just log in with the factory set IP address
(Edited)
Photo of RogueDevice

RogueDevice

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
192.168.0.1, correct? I always get webpage not available.
Photo of RogueDevice

RogueDevice

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I got in. I couldn't get in by direct connection to a computer, so i connected it to the router, found out what address it was assigned (it was assigned 192.168.1.35), and went from there. I got the unleashed firmware installed and up and running!
Photo of Sean

Sean

• 346 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
It says that the AP needs to be connected to the local network in the QSG:

Here is the link to the QSG:

https://ruckus-support.s3.amazonaws.com/private/documents/850/Unleashed%20R500%20QSG%20-%20Rev%20C%2...

Good Luck!
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2074 Posts
  • 289 Reply Likes
Unless you flash the AP directly connected with factory default (192.168.0.1), the local DHCP will assign your Unleashed APs an address.

That's why they advertise the Configure.ME-XXYYZZ SSID.  Once the first AP is configured as Unleashed Master AP, it can be connected
to the local network, whether you configured it in standalone, or network-connected state.  After configuration, look for the initial SSID that
you configured during the Startup Wizard, and use the 'unleashed.ruckuswireless.com' administration URL for access.

All additional Unleashed APs will join the Master AP controller.
(Edited)
Photo of Kai Chiang

Kai Chiang

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hi i get a md5 checksum failure after 18% upgrade when converting / flashing a std r500 to unleashed via local tftp
Photo of Kai Chiang

Kai Chiang

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
problem solved. my kid was playing with his remote on the 2,4ghz band...causing interference. switched to 5ghz band and it worked fine.