configuring a ruckus 7363 with an apple computer

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
i recently came into ownership of a 7363, just the unit itself. ive found the quick setup guide online and under system reqs for setup says basically a pc must be used.

ive got a mac, and old one at that (g5 dual 1.8g powerpc based... dinosaur). can anyone assist me with this?
Photo of handystan

handystan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Keith - Pack Leader

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
You just need an SSH client (telnet will not work). But I leave that to you - that is an old beast. search "macos" instead of "osx" or "macosx" will probably give the best results.

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Sorry, I'm starting to do this so often with SSH I forget there's a web UI. So...you need as modern a web browser as you can get your hands on - my guess would be Firefox. From there it's pretty much as the quick-start specifies - set your Mac IP address to something in 192.168.0.x to pair up with the default IP on the AP after doing a hard reset. Also note that there are some OEM versions that have different IP and default credentials. So if you have one of those you may have a tough time
Photo of handystan

handystan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thx for replying keith

sry, i dont need it FOR my mac, as i dont even have wireless available on it. its just so i can use wifi on my phone or so my roomate can use her laptop (although that IS a mac).

Keith - Pack Leader

• 860 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Right, I got that. But you have to connect to the un-configured AP with either a web browser or with SSH.

If she has a mac, and it's a laptop she likely already has everything you need. Use hers to configure it.
Photo of handystan

handystan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
my configuration is a cable line from time warner, cat5 from cable modem to my 7363, then cat5 hardline out from the 7363 to my mac. again, its not for my g5, itd just be nice to have wifi in the house.
Photo of handystan

handystan

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
okay, ill do that. sry, i didnt see your 2nd post before replying. unfortunately im not home currently, so ill post updates later tonight or tomorrow. thx again