Can't find my network after completing the setup wizard

• Question
  • Updated 3 days ago
After completing the Ruckus set up wizard, I finally come to the "Congratulations" screen. Once I clicked "Finish" I still cannot seem to find the network that I JUST set up. Please help!
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 days ago

Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
What ruckus ap? Did you buy it new or used?
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It came with the house. Renting from an acquaintance and he had someone set it all up for him so he is useless.
Photo of Beni Mahler

Beni Mahler

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can you connect over an Ethernet interface to an AP's IP address?
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unfortunately I don't have an Ethernet plug-in on my mac.
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a USB-C cord that connects to the switch but does nothing when I plug it in.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
I see it seems you are in one of Lennar smart homes. Did you set it up on The unleashed smart phone app? Anyway, try rebooting both r510 by power off the ICX switch in media structured box where all the networking stuff goes to. just unplug the power to the main switch and plug it back in. See if rebooting the APs will help.
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I did not use the mobile app. I was able to get to the configure on my mac and factory reset the system. I went through the set-up wizard and got to the "Congratulations" page. Once I hit the "Finished" button, it did not show up on my wireless networks. Nor could I connect to the admin log in page.
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I unplugged the switch and let it sit off for a few minutes. Nothing happened once it booted back up.
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Should I reset the switch AS WELL as the two AP's in the house??
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
No.....don’t reset the switch...
does the APs look like they are powered?
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
On our AP, under the "Power" it has a slow, blinking, green light. So, from what I've read I know that "an issue has been detected." 
Not one clue on how to fix this. I'm so frustrated.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
do you have a ladder?... you'll to get to back and use a paper clip to reset it to factory settings........ and do it to both access points.... you might need to unmount the access points.. if you can not reach the reset hole.. to unmount the APs... at the base of the APs the side where the LED status lights are .. there's a pin hole.. push the paper clip into the pin hole which releases the lock mechanism and then push the AP towards the back and then down.. slowly.. then you should be able to unmount to AP.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
Note the front would be where the LED status lights are.. back is the other side..
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So just now, I unplugged everything connected to the switch, except for one AP. I reset the AP that is connected and the switch. Hopefully I can start from the beginning and reset again.. Fingers crossed. 
Photo of Albert Pierson

Albert Pierson, Employee

• 151 Posts
  • 128 Reply Likes
Green Blinking Power LED on unleashed (and most Ruckus AP's) indicates the AP has booted but is not getting an IP via DHCP.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3123-ruckus-unleashed-200-8-ga-user-guide

Is the AP plugged into a network that provided DHCP from a router or gateway?

Have you tried opening a browser to the default IP of the AP

If the wizzard has completed then the AP should also respond to url:

unleashed.ruckuswireless.com

Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Was able to go through the ENTIRE setup wizard again. Still cannot find my network that I just created.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
hmm very odd.. when you went through the setup did you notice what firmware version it was on?
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Went through chrome, chrome canary, and safari.
Photo of Ron Paugh

Ron Paugh

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Also in Lennar home and I have had the same issue to a T with resetting and then only one working and trying again from the beginning and then having the same issue again!
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
so right now you have only one AP plugged in right?
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Correct. Only one plugged into the switch and the switch is plugged into the router via Ethernet.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
what browser did you use to set it up on your mac?
(Edited)
Photo of Carli

Carli

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
First time was with chrome. Next time was with Chrome Canary. Both times I was able to get to the "Congratulations" page. AND both times the network did not show up on my networks.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
try the mobile app yet?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
Try using Firefox?
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
after that try using the unleashed mobile App
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
Carli,

did you ever get it resolved?
Photo of Ron Paugh

Ron Paugh

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still trying to figure it out! I get frustrated with it because it seems to be a cycle, you get one working and then try to get the other one to work. I actually complained to the company because I have never had so many issues from just trying to update an AP before and then I would have never updated it, if I would have known that the whole house would be down until I figured it out. Oh and forget about having the builder help they will refer you to Amazon, who does the first install which when we moved in took 2 months to get them out to installed the stuff because they only had 2 technicians that could do the installs from over an hr away . Oh and they only did my area once or twice a week because they also had to complete their regular area as well.
Photo of hayk

hayk

• 330 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
Actually if you can get one working, can you reflash the firmware to 200.6.x? While that is happening make sure the other AP is unplugged. Once that’s done .. don’t configure it yet, unplug the one you just flashed and plug the other one and see if you can get that working and reflash firmware to the newest of the 200.6.x series. Please make note of which version of firmware it has before rolling back to older firmware. My guess it is on some version of 200.7.xx but make note which version.

Once all that’s done just plug one of the APs into the switch and configure using a laptop. Once configured and rebooted and is working fine with the ssid you configure plug in the 2nd AP and it should auto configure it fine. I believe there is a bug on 200.7.x I experienced that one time on my r710 but I thought it was a fluke since I was testing out 200.7.x but when back to 200.6x for slow WiFi issues with iOS devices.

See if you can get one configured and flashed back. I’ll see if it is possible to flash a firmware in CLI mode even before configuring unleashed ..
(Edited)