Can the R610 be powered via POE (the spec sheet doesn't seem to indicate support for this)?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Can the R610 be powered via POE (the spec sheet doesn't seem to indicate support for this)?

Photo of Mike Tisdell

Mike Tisdell

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 238 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Yes, I've got several and they're all POE.
Photo of SUDERSHAN GUPTA

SUDERSHAN GUPTA

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It's working but states some services are not active due to lack of power. Which means need to put on injector. However it's working fine, So what's the advantage of injector on R610.?
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 238 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
Howdy!
 Below are the AP specs when running on AF power.
AP will;
Limit 2.4GHz to 2x3 (2-chain transmit at 21dBm aggregate power, 3-chain receive) Turn off the USB port 
Turns on only 1 Ethernet port
https://webresources.ruckuswireless.com/pdf/datasheets/ds-ruckus-r610.pdf

Photo of SUDERSHAN GUPTA

SUDERSHAN GUPTA

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Andrew.

So for average home, no difference as not using USB or 2nd port. Correct?
Photo of Andrew Giancola

Andrew Giancola

• 238 Posts
  • 74 Reply Likes
In my home, we social distance in our front yard, and in the street in front of our home For me, that extra dBm (power) is essential. You may not need it, and indeed, you may never notice the difference, especially if you're not trying to cut through a ton of interference. With full power, you get 3x3:3 at 27dBm.
This means you lose 6dBm in transmit power on 2.4GHz and reduce the number of concurrent streams by one.
(Edited)
Photo of SUDERSHAN GUPTA

SUDERSHAN GUPTA

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
That will help me too. So I will get the extra oomph. I do have a large house and yard as well house wall of concrete. 

Thanks