Best way of configuring two R700 APs

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Just got my hands on two R700 AP's which I am planning on using to fully cover my house.
What is the best way of setting up two R700's, without having SmartZone or ZoneDirector?

Would be perfect if they could work together somehow, broadcasting the same SSID and handing off devices to eachother.. but I have a feeling that this wouldn't be possible.

Thanks a lot!
Photo of Peter Gram

Peter Gram

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of thomas fankhauser

thomas fankhauser

• 56 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
unleashed?
Photo of Peter Gram

Peter Gram

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
unleashed not possible on R700 as far I as understand, so unfortunately not.
Photo of thomas fankhauser

thomas fankhauser

• 56 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
sorry, i thought of the R600.
then you only have the standalone version.
broadcasting the same ssid is still possible. but you have to configure each AP manually.
Photo of Sandeep Gupta

Sandeep Gupta, Employee

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
The R700 can be managed as: Standalone (not ideal for a pair), ZD (you could get a ZD1200), SZ, or Ruckus Cloud..  i recommend Cloud for this.  I have an R500/R700 set up under cloud for my house and it is stellar!  even if one goes down (because the cable is loose and got unplugged) I didn't even notice performance impact for days until i decided to reconnect.
Photo of Peter Gram

Peter Gram

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks a lot for providing such a detailed answer.

Ruckus Cloud sounds like the perfect solution for me, but I cannot seem to find anything about pricing and sign-up. Do you happen to know how to sign-up as a consumer, not as a company? Thanks again!
Photo of Sandeep Gupta

Sandeep Gupta, Employee

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Check out this page with link to 60-day free trial:
https://www.ruckuswireless.com/products/system-management-control/cloud-wifi

I'm sure the trial team can get you in touch with a local reseller that can help you.  if you still have trouble let me know and I'll find someone to help.  I'm in Canada so only know the local team here..

cheers,