AP firmware 3.6.0.0.709 High Connection Errors

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I have upgraded my Vsz to 3.6.0.0.510 and upgraded the APs to 3.6.0.0.709.  After the upgrade i noticed that almost every AP had a high percentage of connection errors.  I let it go for several days and thought i still had a lot of clients connected so it must be working.  In the events I see a lot of Force DHCP disconnects.  I did not make any changes to that but did double check the settings.  Some wlans were not enabled and some set to anywhere from 5-15 seconds.  Downgraded the firmware to 3.5.1.0.1026 and the connection errors went away.  Has anyone seen this and have any ideas why i am seeing this.  
Photo of Paul McGuire

Paul McGuire

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Aleksandar Radivojsa

Aleksandar Radivojsa

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Have the same problem and have opened case on Ruckus Support system. If I will get solution to solve this, I will post it here.
Photo of Jakob Peterhänsel

Jakob Peterhänsel

• 90 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Well.. not many alarms on it, but if I show the Connection Failures on the AP list, it looks like this:

Site One:

Site Two:

Not sure what to think of that.. 
Photo of Jamie Walmsley

Jamie Walmsley

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Personally id stick with 3.5. Looking at 3.6 known bugs and issues in my opinion its not release ready. We were recently advised by Ruckus NOT to upgrade to 3.6 and to stick with 3.5...
Photo of David Henderson

David Henderson

• 94 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
We are seeing the same behavior. Should I downgrade to 3.5 or wait until Ruckus fixes this and apply the next version?
Photo of Diego Garcia del Rio

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am seeing he same type of stats. User experience seems good but the stats are a bit concerning.
Photo of EightOhTwoEleven

EightOhTwoEleven

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
We also see the same, before 3.6 only a few (VHD areas) APs showed anthing above 2% -- now almost all have 70%+. Definitely a bug.

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Wonder if its a stats/counting error or real connection troubles. The user experience seems to be fine so far, but this was a brand new deployment starting on 3.6 so I don't have a reference point.

EightOhTwoEleven

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
If you go to the AP and then down to Event tab - type in "authenticat" in the search, are there alerts/errors present?

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No authentication or connection errors on the event log. In fact, the main network is not even protected (its just an open network). I will look at stats per SSID

EightOhTwoEleven

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Then it sounds like it's a stats/counting error, especially if no events in the log are present. Again, for those of us who ran the 3.5.1 for a while - and then switched, without any other changes, these errors popped up.

Diego Garcia del Rio

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks! Are you seeing errored events on your case? 

EightOhTwoEleven

• 24 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yes we are, but I believe that's because we enabled the DoS protection and they are having wrong log in attempts. What do you expect when you attempt to login to the network as Bob?

EightOhTwoEleven

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Spoke with support and they said this is a known problem, and is being worked on. Here are the details:

SCG-75069

R3.6: AP KPI Connection failures: Connection failures AP flagging mechanism needs to enhance
Photo of Daniel Fagerholm

Daniel Fagerholm

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Are there any news in this case? I have the same issue after upgrading last week.

EightOhTwoEleven

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
No news as of yet, as there hasn't been an update to the original 3.6.0.0.510 release version chain. I suppose the question would be if this fix will be implemented into the next point release or not.
Photo of KeVinBon

KeVinBon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i ve a lot of connection failures also with 3.5.1.0.1026
i  don't have any autentications errors, i don't understand what could be the issues. 
Tech support told me that is ok, and it s normal... (i don't think).
i tried different configuration but the result was always teh same.

Photo of Nathan

Nathan

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same thing here. any news on this case ? 
Photo of KeVinBon

KeVinBon

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
wow! nice that somebody else is facing these problems! :D
Photo of David Henderson

David Henderson

• 94 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Any word on when the next level of firmware will be released to fix this issue?
Photo of David Peters

David Peters

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I had this with R710 APs, on 3.5.1 after migrating them from ZD 9.13. After a couple of hours of head scratching, checking everything was working and looking for an issue. I rebooted the APs and all the errors cleared. *shrugs*

EightOhTwoEleven

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
This has not been fixed with the latest SmartZone 3.6.1.0.227 (MR1) patch.
Photo of Eizens Putnins

Eizens Putnins

• 117 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
I upgraded today to 3.6.1. and can confirm -- bug is still there. But at least users are not affected...
(Edited)
Photo of The Blue Parrot

The Blue Parrot

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have the same here. And in the troubelshooting section I can see the devices have many 802.11 Authentication Request/Response packets. Connection seems to take longer than on previous code.
(Edited)
Photo of The Blue Parrot

The Blue Parrot

• 13 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Running on latest 3.6.1.0.227 code

EightOhTwoEleven

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Agreed, noticed the same. Hopefully they can get this resolved with next release.
Photo of Jeronimo

Jeronimo

• 209 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
From 3.5 to 3.6, health metric is more detailed and seperated.

I think metric is calculated by authentication and association in 3.5.
Otherwise, In 3.6, metric is calcualted by more factor such as association, authentication, dhcp, eap.

If in 3.6 percent of failed  dhcp packet is increase, metric would be more higher than 3.5's

If it is a bit fixed, the metric will be great to check health.

Regards.