Announcement: Unleashed 200.1.9.12.55 GA has been Released

• Announcement
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Ruckus Wireless is proud to publish Unleashed 200.1.9.12.55 GA firmware and documentation.

Read the new Release Notes here:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/905-ruckus-wireless-unleashed-200-1-ga-release-notes

Added features include SmartMesh, SNMP, Updated WebUI, and support for outdoor T300 AP models.

Your entire Unleashed network can be upgraded thru 200.0 Master AP - Admin&Services -> Administer -> Upgrade

Get familiar with the Ruckus Unleashed platform from short topic Videos found here:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/Unleashed-Instructional-Videos
Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 1996 Posts
  • 280 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Daniel M

Daniel M

• 41 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
The URL for the release notes above returns the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Request has expired</Message>

<Expires>2016-01-15T22:39:57Z</Expires>

<ServerTime>2016-01-15T23:42:00Z</ServerTime>

<RequestId>36D4BD6AE62168AE</RequestId>

<HostId>xOMvLvPTbo2CpqrEqq0a4GkvUSqbRledt8gDBv453E7g0EdjVwatVIrQKV3W7TkEApcuCy/h10o=</HostId>

</Error>
Photo of Adam Tran

Adam Tran

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am surprised that the R710 and R700 have not been released. Customers pay big money just so they can get software release last? 
Photo of Louis-Philippe Normandin

Louis-Philippe Normandin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Can you please publish a changelog for this firmware? I mean not only new features but also bug fixes and known bugs? This is something we get from most vendors with published firmwares. I have been having lots of stability issues with the Unleashed APs. Clients cannot connect, disconnect, or are connected but with no access to Internet. I need to know if something has been done to fix these issues.
Photo of Sean

Sean

• 342 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
Is it still buggy?

Louis-Philippe Normandin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I contacted Ruckus Support and they made me deactivate the " Enable Force DHCP, disconnect client if client does not obtain valid IP" option. I am testing to see if it solves my issues. I will be back when my tests are finished.
Photo of Michael Brado

• 1991 Posts
  • 280 Reply Likes
Please be aware, that feature actually/only means "don't allow static IP users", and does not mean users have to renew/request
DHCP when they roam, affect lease times, or anything like that.

What "issues" are you seeing, with what type of client, on what type of WLAN, on what model AP, Louis-Philippe?
Unleashed 200.0 GA only supports R500/R600 model APs.

I have not seen any Unleashed 'bugs' in 200.0.9.9.608, and/but I filed a few feature requests...

We had to confirm all possible tests for a seamless upgrade from Unleashed 200.0 GA to version 200.1.9.12.55 (final build),
over the weekend, and that's why the official release occured on Tuesday.

Existing new 9U1 model Unleashed APs with current 200.0 code, will be recognized and upgraded/configured by 200.1.9.12.55
when added to the LAN. 

Unleashed 200.1 now has SmartMesh for your indoor R500/R600 and adds our T300 series outdoor APs. (so far)
Photo of Sean

Sean

• 342 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
It also forces clients that have roamed from a network with the same SSID, but different subnets, to obtain an IP - think carrier network with multiple venues.
(Edited)

Louis-Philippe Normandin

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
After doing tests over a few days it definitely solved my "no network access" issues for my iOS devices at least. I am waiting for confirmation from my users that it also solves their issues with their notebooks.

The issue I was having is that a device was connected to the WiFi, had an IP and everything configured correctly, but could not access the network (local and Internet).
Photo of Vineet Tomar

Vineet Tomar

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Any Chance for H500 Unleashed version ?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 1989 Posts
  • 278 Reply Likes
I can't speak for Product Marketing, but they have eyes/ears on our Forum, thanks.
Photo of Michal Dolejsi

Michal Dolejsi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That about R310?
Photo of Shepsy

Shepsy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has anyone had any problems using SmartMesh on Unleased R500 ? with latest SW