Airpint not working on 200.6.10.1.310

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Newly installed 1x R710 and 1x R510 on 200.6.10.1.310. Have a wired Xerox printer and a wireless HP printer - both are AirPrint ready. Moved this from Ubiquiti to Ruckus Unleashed this week. The AirPrint has stopped working - all iDevices show 'No AirPRint Printers Found'.

I can get to the IP addresses of both the Xerox and HP in Safari on iDevices. I turned on Bonjour Gateway...but I am not going across VLANs so doubt that makes any difference. All printers are on the same VLAN (1) as well as the SSID I am using.

Am I missing something? Should I try a different firmware? Or does AirPrint not work?
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Rolled back to 200.5.10.0.235 and now it works. Had to set everything up again. Woops! Printers showed up instantly. Going to leave it here for a bit before I try 200.5.10.0.291.
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
200.5.10.0.291 worked and AirPrint is okay to both printers. I may try something else in the 200.6 branch this weekend....unless someone chimes in an says there is something wrong with 200.6 and AirPrint.
Photo of MLG

MLG

• 81 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
I am on 200.6.10.1.310 and have no problem printing to my HP printer. Only thing I can think of right now is to make sure you don’t have any wireless client isolation on.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'll try updating to 200.6.10.1.310 again this weekend. Since I downgraded I had to start from scratch, maybe when I set it up the first time I chose an option causing the issue.
Photo of Nat Chidambaram

Nat Chidambaram, Employee

• 72 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,

I am Nat who manage the Unleashed product in Ruckus. Since all your devices are on the same VLAN it should work without any specific configuration tweaks. I would be interested to know how your weekend upgrade pans out. If you still have a problem I will take you offline to sort out this issue.

Thank you for being a Ruckus Unleashed customer.

-Nat
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nat! Thinking I may have done something the first time I set it up. I'll see how it goes.
Photo of Mark Valpreda

Mark Valpreda

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did the upgrade to 200.6.10.1.310 today and all seems okay with AirPrint. I must have chosen something when I set it up the first time.

Sorry for the trouble!
Photo of Nat Chidambaram

Nat Chidambaram, Employee

• 72 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
I am glad to hear that the upgrade over the weekend went smoothly. I would like to talk to you to understand bit more about the use case etc. Would you mind dropping me an email with your contact info to "[email protected]". As you may know, Ruckus is now part of Arris.