7962 packet loss, advice/suggestions welcome

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I recently bought a used 7962 for cost reasons....

I am getting anywhere from 1-10% packet loss receive/transmit and I'm not sure if it's the hardware or if it's within specs for expected loss. (if this is expected... I feel bad about the future of quality wireless).

I have next to no nearby wireless networks to interfere with this unit (3 other units within the same commercial building, blocked by cinder-block walls + brick/drywall with metal studs.

I receive this level of loss both in the installed location (in the ceiling) and on a flat surface with 3 feet between the unit and the laptop. I have reduced the transmit strength by -2db, it seems to help a little (only a little). I have also reduced the transmit from 40 to 20 data width, which also helped a little, I was having up to 30% packet loss, this is with 3 passive connections and 1 active connection.

One final note, I am using a non-ruckus poe gigabit injector, haven't seen any issues with it but thought I would note it.

Any ideas what I can do to further improve this connection or troubleshoot it? Thanks in advice with apologies for the length of this post.
Photo of New2Ruckus

New2Ruckus

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of New2Ruckus

New2Ruckus

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

This is from a nearby low power 2.4ghz radio
Photo of New2Ruckus

New2Ruckus

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have similar although slightly improved numbers with a higher power 5 ghz radio that is used more and is positioned closer to the AP. The numbers get worse if I transfer files/use the network on the machine, these are passive connection numbers

Photo of New2Ruckus

New2Ruckus

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have done some troubleshooting with inSIDDer and have managed to improved the numbers, however I'm still having some minor issues with low power units so if anyone could make some suggestions as to other hardware/software and the best approach to use while attacking this issue.

Also, if someone could link to source indicating how to detect a bad Ruckus AP or share their personal experiences, that would be great.

Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.