7372 Configuration Issues

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Hi,
I am trying to configure the 7372 multimedia hot zone wireless AP through the web interface and under the configuration option I only have device, internet and Ethernet ports. 
Where is the option to set up the wireless connectivity?
Photo of Thomas Crowther

Thomas Crowther

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michael Brado

Michael Brado, Official Rep

• 2183 Posts
  • 301 Reply Likes
Did you use the ISP super user login credentials, of 'super' and 'sp-admin'?

If you go to Administration::Management, on the top line, what do you have for Network Profile?

Where did you get this AP?
Photo of Thomas Crowther

Thomas Crowther

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have found that i needs a controller, but is there a way to set it up in standalone mode so i dont need the controller?
Photo of Michael Brado

• 2183 Posts
  • 301 Reply Likes
Standalone means no controller...

Factory default the AP by pressing the indented Hard Reset button for 8+ seconds before release.

The AP will default to 192.168.0.1 IP address.  Connect your PC by Eth cable with 192.168.0.10 on your PC.

You should be able to ping the AP, and open https://192.168.0.1 to access the WebUI.

The Ruckus product uid/pw is 'super' and 'sp-admin'.

If this doesn't work, your AP comes from an ISP who puts a custom configuration on the APs they buy from us.
You can only use those APs with the ISP they came from.

Where did you get your AP?
Photo of Thomas Crowther

Thomas Crowther

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have performed a factory reset and used that login and what i mentioned in my first post is what it displayed

The AP was already installed where i work and am trying to resolve the Wi-Fi issue
Photo of Michael Brado

• 2183 Posts
  • 301 Reply Likes
Hi Thomas,
   What is the AP's serial number (on label on bottom of AP), and I'll look in our system to see if I can
locate the owner/account or anything else about it?
Photo of Thomas Crowther

Thomas Crowther

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The serial number is 341502705136
Photo of Michael Brado

• 2183 Posts
  • 301 Reply Likes
Thanks Thomas, but Ruckus Salesforce system says "no matches found"... sorry.

The first part of the serial number says it's only 2 years old, but no match in our system
means this was either purchased from a WISP, or directly from a distributor (ie Synnex)
and never registered (by the VAR or end-user).

I'm not sure how else to direct you.  If it was broken, you'd still need some PO or way to
show where the AP came from.  The fact that you can't access it with factory default
credentials says it is likely WISP provided, where we (Ruckus) may not be able to help.
Let me see what else I might be able to find out.
(Edited)