7363 AP configuration.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
7363 AP configuration. I've got a 7363 AP but when I access it via http the configuration options menu is not available, it seems to be locked. Consequently I cannot configure the wireless setting etc as I want. The preconfigured wireless setting seem to be working but I want to change paramets I cannot. Is there a cli command to unlock this so all menus are visible via http. Hard reset is not deaulting to standard password and IP, the AP just stays on DHCP. Thanks
Photo of Nikki Jones

Nikki Jones

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Martin

Martin, Official Rep

• 208 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Nikki,

I think your 7363 is configured to be managed by either ZD/vSZ/SZ/SCG.

if you login to the AP via HTTP you should get a message almost at the bottom saying this AP is managed by an controller.

If it gives that message, then you need to change the configuration you want via the controller.

If not, please put a page of what you see in the forum

regards
Martin
Photo of Nikki Jones

Nikki Jones

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thanks Martin, I'll get a picture uploaded asap

However, if the AP was managed by a ZD at some stage but is now running "stand alone", should I not be able to access all features and should hard reset not clear back to default IP and password. The only way I can access this is to let it boot with DHCP server access, figure out the IP assigned to it and them http to it and even when I manages to do that and tell it to do a factory reset it doesn't.

Regards

Nikki

Photo of Nikki Jones

Nikki Jones

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

One other quick question related to AP's. I have 5 AP's to setup. I can wire each one, I don't need to have mesh setup. Is it still beneficial to have a ZD to manage them or is there no real benefit if they are wired.

Thanks

Photo of Martin

Martin, Official Rep

• 208 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Hi Nikki,

If they are set to managed, you cannot use them as standalone right now.

You need to do a factory reset of the AP and then you can configure everything (depending on the software version).

Its best to run 100.x.x.x version for standalone.
It can be downloaded from the support portal.

To manage multiple APs it makes more sense to use a controller.

Kind regards
Martin
Photo of Nikki Jones

Nikki Jones

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Martin When I SSH into the AP it tells me it is running in Zone Director Managed Mode. How do I get it into Standalone AP point mode. If I do a hard reset is does not revert back to deault settings. The AP stays in ZDmanaged mode with DHCP enabled. The configuration options via http are still not present. I want to get this into standalone mode, are there any CLi commands on the AP what will force it do that? Thanks Regards Nikki
Photo of Nikki Jones

Nikki Jones

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry my email lost it's formatting
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 759 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
nikki,

if you reset it while it is connected to wired network then post hard reset it will fetch an IP from network and join the controller..

if this is NOT happening then hard reset is NOT happening correctly...

so you login in to the AP via GUI and then you should be able to see the message that it is managed by controller <blah> <blah>

On that page is an option to factory reset via GUI, give that a shot. Remove the AP from the network to be sure that first things above is NOT happening...
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 759 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
Once AP is in standalone mode and before connecting back to network,run the command via CLI

set director ip <Fake IP>

example: set director ip <1.1.1.1>

if we don't do this and if there is a controller on the network then AP may join it...
Photo of Nikki Jones

Nikki Jones

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thanks Alpha Dog.

All worked ok for the AP's that have a default username and password on the back.

I still have two AP's that are labelled "especially tuned for cloud networks" that are not defaulting to standalone mode. Even after a factory reset they stay in ZD managed mode with DHCP enabled and no access to the configuration options in a GUI. I have limited management options of these via ZD only. Is there anyway I can get reset them to a 'normal' AP? (Unfortunately I don't know which vendor supplied them).

Regards

Nikki

Photo of Martin

Martin, Official Rep

• 208 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Correct, these are units owned by The Cloud.
and cannot be reset by support.

Kind regards
MartinĀ 
Photo of Monnat Systems

Monnat Systems, AlphaDog

• 759 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
I am afraid AP's that are "especially tuned for cloud networks" will factory reset to non-standard default user name & password. These were supplied by Ruckus to cloud and are supposed to work with Cloud infrastructure..

You may check with Cloud to see if they are ready to share default username & password