Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 211
Photo of Richard Shears
Ruckus AP's in Ekahau Survey Pro
Hi we are surveying a Ruckus install with Ekahau Survey Pro and we are seeing other vendor AP's populating the AP device name window but ...
  • 3 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Jelle Alten
PHY Errors, Noise Floor, Airtime interpretation in ZD
I would like to find out what values for PHY Errors, Noice Floor, Airtime total, busy, RX, TX are good and what values are bad? If I'm...
  • 4 me toos
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of Julius Kisielius
Authenticate against AD once
Hi, We would like to configure Ruckus (Zonedirector 1100) in such a way that users only need to input their AD details once or even be...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ramprakash
Ruckus Cloud Controller V/s ZD
Hi, I am just wondering how Ruckus Cloud Controller matches up with hardware ZD. Are all features in ZD also available in cloud cont...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of ThX
AP installation height ?
Any suggestions about the installation height (min / max) above the floor (or other baseline locations) for the typical ZF AP? And spe...
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
Photo of Max G?bel
Extend signal range / increase signal strength of root ap
Hi, i'm using s zd1200 two R500 and one H500 which cover two households with around 250 sq meters in total. The mesh ap placed furthest f...
  • 2 me toos
  • 10 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Mahmood Khatri
ZoneFlex 7055 VLAN
I would like to get assistance. This is a proposal for a hotel. My scenario is llike this: Current Setup: Two physical networks. One...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Andrey Skorobogatov
Is it possible to enable or disable the WLAN http link?
Question overdue. Is it possible to enable or disable the WLAN http link? For example: http://192.168.1.99/Ruckus-WiFi_on http://192.168...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Cordell Stocker
Can I enable ZD Mesh without disrupting the rest of my wireless network?
A bit of information before I start: I am a student worker at a college, and I am the Acting Network Administrator. Recently there was a ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Andy Burgess
Hotspot web server setup
I'm trying to setup a Hotspot with a set of custom landing/login pages. I want authentication on the SSID to be open but restrict acce...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of LONNIE
ZoneDirector 1100 unresponsive, WIFI down
I shutdown my ZD1100 last night in order to move some power cables to a different PDU in my rack. When I restored power, it did not boot ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
Why Ruckus?
We are a public school district looking to do a complete overhaul of our wireless network. A bit over 725,000 square feet of indoor space...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Michael Brado
Announcement: ZD 9.10.2.0.29 (MR2 Refresh) is available on Support
Ruckus is pleased to announce ZoneFlex 9.10.2.0.29 (MR2 Refresh) is now available for download from the Support portal at these URLs for ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Announcement
Photo of Bobby Wittenberg
R700 Ceiling Mounting on Slotted Tbar
We've got a silly problem but one folks have probably overcome easily.  We want to ceiling mount a couple of R700 APs on a drop ceiling b...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of Tim Pritchard
Update on availability of 9.13 GA?
Seems like a number of APs are waiting on this release for specific features. Be helpful to know the timeframe. Thanks...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Gerard van Hamburg
R500 PoE versus adapter
Does anyone know if an r500 unleached connected a PoE switch has the same power/signal strenght as an r500 connected to an adapter? My r5...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
APs in same VLAN as controllers?
We will using bridge mode for all of our APs per Ruckus best practice. All of our servers on campus run under VMWare and all of them whet...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of nbctcp
Ebay cheapest ruckus AP for vSZ-E
I want to have my own Ruckus Home Lab. Let say I have vSZ-E vm controller. QUESTIONS: 1. which Ruckus model the cheaperst one, that supp...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Marco Eichstetter
Do i need a ZoneDirector for Wireless Roaming?
Hi, Do i need a ZoneDirector for Wireless Roaming? One of my Customers need a Wireless Network for his Warehouse. There will be abou...
  • 2 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Patrick Kelecy
Range of R300 vs R500?
I have an R300 AP (which has worked well) but would like a little more range.  Would an R500 provide that?  Thanks!
  • 1 me too
  • 10 replies
  • Question