Conversations

Conversations 1 - 20 of 30
Photo of David Henderson
VMware snapshot of vSZ causing AP disconnects
We have two Ruckus Virtual Smartzone controllers, both running 3.5.1 We use Veeam for backup and replication. As part of the backup and r...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Henderson
Ruckus alerts in UTC, not local time zone
On our Ruckus Virtual Smartzone controllers, we have the proper time zone set to America/New York. We had an AP disconnect and the email ...
  • David Henderson, 4 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Henderson
Captive portal and HTTPS problems
We are setting up the Cloudpath captive portal and ran into one issue. When a user with a personal device wants to get on our network, th...
  • 4 me toos
  • 6 replies
  • Question
Photo of Erin Miller
Chromebooks not connecting and/or losing connection
We have had our Ruckus network set up for almost two years without any problems. Over the last six months I am getting increasing complai...
  • 2 me toos
  • 13 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
802.1x and Chromebooks
We have two Smartzone controllers running firmware 3.5 which is the latest We use Cloudpath to onboard all personal devices to our networ...
  • David Henderson, 6 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of Hafiz heryanto
what the difference tunneling vs. LBO (local break out)
I would like to ask what the difference tunneling vs. LBO (local break out), can explain, because I do not have any information about the...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
Remove alarms and events, can it be done?
On the Dashboard page for our vSZ controller it shows the number of alarms and events. Even if I acknowledge or clear and alarm it still ...
  • David Henderson, 10 months ago

• 2 me toos
  • 0 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Henderson
Why Ruckus?
We are a public school district looking to do a complete overhaul of our wireless network. A bit over 725,000 square feet of indoor space...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
Channel 144 support
A few years back channel 144 opened up for wifi use. On my Virtual Smartzone Controller, channel 144 is not even listed. Why does Ruckus ...
  • 1 me too
  • 3 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
DFS testing, how to?
We are currently using only non-DFS channels (36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161, and 165) in our Ruckus deployment. With only 9 channels...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Liu
smartzone vs zonedirector
what are the major differences between smartzone and zonedirector? does zonedirector support active/active HA? Thanks. David Liu
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
Client load balancing, should it be changed?
We are using Virtual Smartzone Controller with R710s. There are two checkboxes under Advanced Options "Run load balancing on (2.4 or 5GHz...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Michael Brado
Announcement: Ruckus SmartCell Insight (SCI) 2.0 GA Release is now Available
Ruckus SmartCell Insight (SCI) 2.0 GA Release is now available. SCI 2.0 provides many new features and functions that improve Analytics ...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Announcement
Photo of David Henderson
vSZ increase disk size, how?
Virtual Smartzone Controller installed under ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Installed with a 100GB hard drive How do I increase the size of the drive?...
  • 2 me toos
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of David Henderson
APs in same VLAN as controllers?
We will using bridge mode for all of our APs per Ruckus best practice. All of our servers on campus run under VMWare and all of them whet...
  • 1 me too
  • 8 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Henderson
vSZ 3.2.1 or 3.4?
In mid August we will be installing our first Ruckus products using Virtual Smartzone controllers and R710 access points. The current cod...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of JasonD
OSX Roaming, etc
Do these recommendations still hold true for OSX clients? https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruckuswireless/topics/best_practice_optimizat...
  • 2 me toos
  • 15 replies
  • Question
Photo of David Henderson
Should we consider removing most microwave ovens?
We are a K-12 school district who will be installing a Ruckus system this summer It will consist of 2 Virtual SmartZone controllers and 4...
  • 2 me toos
  • 3 replies
  • Question
Photo of Randall Cohen
One SSID with multiple subnets and clients roaming between subnets
I'm making some big changes to the LAN that will affect how our APs and ZoneDirector are configured. I'm at the planning stage so nothing...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of John D
Will R500/R600 support meshing?
I've noticed that SmartMesh support is curiously lacking from the R500/R600 data sheets. Am I reading too far between the lines that unli...
  • 3 me toos
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered