Conversations

Photo of David Henderson
Channel 144 support
A few years back channel 144 opened up for wifi use. On my Virtual Smartzone Controller, channel 144 is not even listed. Why does Ruckus ...
  • 2 me toos
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Roberto Baccara
vSZ Upgrade to 3.6.1.0.227
Hello, I've upgrade vSZ to 3.6.1.0.227 with success and now I need to upgrade the AP Firmware to 3.6.1.0.354. How I can do this? The only...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Paul McGuire
AP firmware 3.6.0.0.709 High Connection Errors
I have upgraded my Vsz to 3.6.0.0.510 and upgraded the APs to 3.6.0.0.709.  After the upgrade i noticed that almost every AP had a high p...
  • 10 me toos
  • 19 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Kinnaird
Force MAC OSX users to use 5Ghz
Hi - we have a common SSID "Wifi Secure" for both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands.  We have an issue where MAC OSX devices  always seem to connect on ...
  • 1 me too
  • 5 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of David Henderson
vSZ, has anyone upgrade to firmware version 5?
We are running firmware version 3.6.1 on our two vSZ controllers against about 400 R710s and a handful of T710s. vSZ firmware version 5 c...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Sander Groen
Email to [email protected]
How long does [email protected] normally take to answer questions regarding renewals of service contracts? Send an email 1 and ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Clent G
A client wants a Walled Garden for a few sites.
They want their pc's to be able to run Windows Updates without having to authenticate.  I was able to make this request work on a Mikroti...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question
Photo of EightOhTwoEleven
Zone not showing after creation
Created a zone under the Access Points (SmartZone) and after the creation of the zone, it doesn't show up on the tree. How do I make it s...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Jason Walker
Router suggestions for home use
Hey everyone. I know this has been asked in the past, but I'm curious if there is any new advice out there for selecting a router to work...
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of jaouad benichou
certification ruckus
what is differente certification ruckus ?
  • 1 me too
  • 4 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of NewsFool
Currently recommended firmware for vSZ
I am about to deploy a new instance of vSZ with about 40 R610 APs. The support section for vSZ downloads says the "recommended firmware...
  • 1 me too
  • 6 replies
  • Question
  • Answered
Photo of Kevin Geil
After WISPr authentication, Clients get redirected to https://scg.ruckuswireless.com:9998/SubscriberPortal/hotspotlogin
Hi, I have configured IronWiFi as a WISPr authentication provider, and have a frustrating problem.  After entering the voucher code into ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of Kevin Geil
Supported third party WISPr service for captive portal authentication on VSZH?
Hi, my organization runs a conference center, and we're looking to sell "premium" wifi service to some guests.  From my understanding, wh...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
  • Acknowledged
Photo of Dave
VSZ - Active Directory and Default Group Attribute Value
Hello, I am just wondering if anyone has got their VSZ setup with a WLAN that users log into the web authentication using accounts from ...
  • 8 me toos
  • 16 replies
  • Question
Photo of Austin Manuel
If I'm using vSZ, do I need to add each AP as a RADIUS client in my RADIUS server?
I'm using Ruckus vSZ with many APs (98). I have a RADIUS server stood up and authenticating users on the network. Currently, I'm getting ...
  • 1 me too
  • 1 reply
  • Question
Photo of EightOhTwoEleven
Cloudpath having the capability of doing a time profile for hotspots
It would be an amazing feature if you could setup a time profile in Cloudpath. Basically the idea or premise is, that you have two workfl...
  • EightOhTwoEleven, 7 months ago

• 1 me too
  • 0 replies
  • Idea
Photo of Imthiyaz Ahmed
Certificate errors while login using Portal.
Hi, I am using VSZ , and I get Certificate errors while login using Portal. then procured new cert from godaddy and imported in to VSZ an...
  • 2 me toos
  • 7 replies
  • Question
Photo of Aaron Olson
Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. Clients are getting dropped randomly
Im running 3.5.1.0.862 firmware. I have one site on my system that is having all kinds of problems with staying connected to the network...
  • 1 me too
  • 9 replies
  • Question
Photo of Ramesh goud Guniganti
Unable to Reboot AP via VsZ or CLI
I am trying to reboot one of My AP, as it is disconnecting frequently. i am getting an error as below, Unable to reboot the AP. Process e...
  • 1 me too
  • 2 replies
  • Question