Skip to main content

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Fri, Oct 2, 2020 7:00 PM

Answered

ZD1100 issue in rescue mode & status blinking red

Hi.

Recently I had to upgrade zd1100 from web gui but after restarting ZD, waiting for about 2 hours but nothing happened and I did hard reset but again it didn't come back and ping to default ip was unreachable.

From ruckus forum I realized that rescue mode is solution. Follow the steps I did fdisk and then upload firmware. But after it showed me "Upgrade Complete. System reboot" ZD status from off switched to red blinking. What can I do?

Responses

Employee

• 

9 Messages

• 

160 Points

2 months ago

Hi Ahmad

Please follow instructions from the link below to recover Zone Director. If it fails, please reach out to Support for replacement. Kindly note a hardware Warranty on the unit is necessary to process replacement.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000001481

Regards

Santhosh

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Thanks, but now I can't access to the premium account in order to open the link, As you see my steps to get back ZD, is anything more to do ? or do you have any advice?

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Thanks, but now I can't access to the premium account in order to open the link, As you see my steps to get back ZD, Shall I do more than the activities I have than on ZD so far? Do you have any advice?

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Thanks, but now I can't access to the premium account in order to open the link, As you see my steps to get back ZD, Shall I do more than the activities I have done on ZD so far? Do you have any advice?

30 Messages

• 

674 Points

2 months ago

If you've got no hardware warranty, swapping the failing internal usb drive will probably fix this. I've successfully revived several dead ZD1100s this way - you pop open your ZD, carefully wiggle out the usb drive (it has no case, and it's hot-glued in), then use something like ImageUSB on your Windows PC to backup the existing drive and restore onto a new replacement (which must be 2gb or more - I use 4gb since I can't find anything smaller), insert the new drive into the ZD and you're back up and running.

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Hi Anthony,

By the way, I did this and before that I opened the case and replaced usb driver with another one. Of course, before that, I burned the firmware file with win32disk imager, but I still entered to rescue mode.

30 Messages

• 

674 Points

Wow. That's bad luck. I can send you a backed up .bin file if you want to try that. I had no luck just popping in a blank usb, but I've had a 6/6 success rate cloning the old drive with ImageUSB.

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Yes it's really stuck.
I'm very excited if I can get the BACKUP file. How I can get it ?

30 Messages

• 

674 Points

I uploaded a backup to https://github.com/ms264556/Hackery/t...
Let me know when you've downloaded, so I can remove it.

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

Yes, I could download 7z file. It's a .bin file not an .img file. Can I burn .bin with Image-USB?