Skip to main content

Thu, Jan 3, 2013 2:02 PM

Closed

What are the issues reported by the customers in 9.5.0.0.156 release?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

9 Messages

• 

146 Points

8 years ago

I noticed meshed AP's disconnecting & reassociating with no connected clients (running v9.5)

9 Messages

• 

146 Points

8 years ago

When "downgrading", do previously backed up files have to have been saved while running the same s/ware version for them to load properly??

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Backup files for downgrades

18 Messages

• 

250 Points

8 years ago

Is there a date yet when V9.5 or indeed V9.6 will be fixed for this problem?

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

8 years ago

We have a fix in test now. I can't commit to a specific release vehicle but we are doing everything possible to get the fix into the earliest possible MR for both releases.

Meanwhile the workaround mentioned previously is performing well.

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

8 years ago

I have confirmation that the fixes are in both 9.6.1 and 9.5.2 MRs (maintenance releases).

Now you are going to ask me for dates :) Soon!..(days, not weeks)

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

8 years ago

9.5.2 for ZoneDirector has been posted to the support website. Standalone AP images will posted later today.

Note that for the ZD1100, the same special upgrade instructions we posted for 9.6.0 apply

18 Messages

• 

282 Points

8 years ago

Keith, glad to hear that a fix has been released for this issue. I'll see if we can get it scheduled for release in the next couple of days and post back.

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

8 years ago

That would be great!
Brand User

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

7 years ago

Customers who experience AP reboots on 9.5.0.0.156 but not on 9.4.3.0.12 should
open a SF ticket, and ask that your AP support infos from each version, be added
to bug "ER-799: APs reboot on 9.5.0 but not on 9.4.3 code".

18 Messages

• 

282 Points

7 years ago

Sorry for the late reply on this, but we upgraded to 9.5.2.0 build 15 about 2 weeks ago and we haven't had any issues since. All seems to be working for us now.

Thanks for the fix and keeping everyone up to date on this issue.

18 Messages

• 

282 Points

Well, now that we are back in full production, it seems that we have the issue back again (9.5.2.0 Build 15). I've opened a case with support again to look into the issue.

18 Messages

• 

250 Points

Hi Was this an issue with the firmware? I was goint to move to 9.5.2.0 Build 15 next week.

Andy

18 Messages

• 

282 Points

Andrew, The issue, which is what I think Ruckus is attributing this to, is that we have a very large Collision Domain without the capability of reducing the broadcast traffic at each AP. I agree it's huge and we are slowly bringing that down as funds become available and newer equipment is installed.

Ruckus keeps pointing back to the log that the AP has lost contact from the controller and feels it is a network issue. We monitor the network down to each switch and have never seen any congestion or lost a poll from any of the connected switches. We do show that the AP's just stop responding to IP packets. To back this up, we rolled back to 9.4.3 Build 16 (Not 15 as earlier stated) and we haven't lost a single AP since. Not sure what else was change in versions past 9.4.3 but something is causing the AP's to puke and then wait for an internal timer to reboot the AP.

On a side note, a neighboring district has been running 9.5 and 9.6 code and has never seen a problem. They don't have the number wireless clients that we have but otherwise they have no issues.

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

I think @norcaledu's situation might be somewhat specific. However..we've continued to make improvements to the algorithms for memory management on the APs in high-density situations. 9.5.2 has some and then 9.6.1 introduced some additional enhancements.

18 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 years ago

Thanks Keith, would you recommend 9.5.2 or 9.6.1? We have a very busy show in November with 25,000 visitors a day so possibly 8000 plus wireless users.

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

9.6.1 plus this app note - http://c541678.r78.cf2.rackcdn.com/ap... should give your best results.

18 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 years ago

Upgraded to 9.6.1.0 Build 15 last Wednesday. Had 100-200 users last week all OK.

Today had a large conference in and Problems again. Redundant ZD5000 thinking it had lost contact with Primary then once active going back to standby. 7762-s AP rebooting. Have logged a case 122454. I disconnected redundant controller and WLAN more stable but still reboots of the APs. Will have to switch back to 9.4.3 in a while if no answers from support.

Andy

18 Messages

• 

250 Points

7 years ago

Hi All no further foward here no answers from support a month on. One question 9.5.2 had the fix to stop APs rebooting. The release notes for 9.5.3 say it has the fix (5.1.11) to stop APs rebooting .

Does this mean it was not fixed in 9.5.2? If so could it also not have been fixed in 9.6.1?

Andy