Skip to main content

15 Messages

• 

250 Points

Mon, Oct 23, 2017 7:47 AM

Stuck in blinking Status after upgrade to zd1100_9.10.2.0.29.ap_9.10.2.0.29

After upgrading the firmware of ZD100 from 9.8 to 9.10,  and the installation was 100% complete, the screen is stuck to Restarting.  The STATUS led is always blinking.  I've waited for 45mins and still the same. I can't ping the assigned  Ip address of the unit.

SO i decided to restart the unit, but still stuck in STATUS blinking.
I can't ping the assigned  Ip address of the unit.

Responses

90 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

3 years ago

ZD100? Are we talking about SmartZone 100?
Be patient when upgrading that! Upgrading a cluster of two can easily be 1,5 hours!So upgrading a single one could easily be 45 min or more.

15 Messages

• 

250 Points

3 years ago

Yes, 1- unit ZD1100 only.

But before when I upgraded the firmware from 9.7 to 9.8, it didn't take that much time. 

90 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Ah, ok, ZoneDirectors should not take that long - 10-15 minuts max!SmartZones is sloooow.. :-/
Do you have a backup?Maybe reset it and apply the backup?

15 Messages

• 

250 Points

Hi Jakob,

Do you have any link/info about the procedures in how to reset the zd1100?
Thank you in advance.

90 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Only the ones from the admin manual.Power off,Hold in the Reset button (needs a paperclip) for 5-10 sec while repowering the device.
That should get it back to factory defaults/blank on the last firmware loaded with success.

Hope it helps.

15 Messages

• 

250 Points

Hi,
I did the factory reset, but still STATUS Led is stuck on blinking. And still can't ping the assigned IP or default IP.

Any alternative? Thanks again.
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

Blinking red Status LED is seen when the ZD is booting up, and should go solid green when completely booted.

If you use the paperclip Hard Reset method, your ZD will default back to 192.168.0.2 IP address.  Give your PC
a 192.168.0.10 (anything but .1 or .2) and ping the ZD address continuously.  Does it (ever) answer?  Wait for
15 minutes if you have to, but do you ever get a ping response or see the Status LED change from blinking red?

Other suggestions, change the power supply to the ZD.  I saw a ZD that would reboot for no reason, and it was
due to the power supply.  The ZD1100 uses the same power supply that worked with legacy 802.11n AP models.