Skip to main content

21 Messages

• 

470 Points

Mon, Jul 29, 2013 4:27 PM

Answered

Smartway timing

I am curious what the status is on Smartway release? I could really use some of those features before school starts back up!

Thanks,
Bob

Responses

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

SmartWay (Bonjour gateway functionality) is scheduled as part of our 9.7 release which is currently in beta. 9.7 should be generally available in a few weeks.

As this is a "feature release", I recommend extensive lab testing before production deployment.

7 Messages

• 

134 Points

7 years ago

Any update?

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

We've decided to delay the release in order to improve the feature coverage and quality when it ships. Our current target is November.

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

7 years ago

I have a small network with 2-24 port switches, 1-ZD1100 and 4-7962s. We're supporting mostly apple devices. I would love to be part of the beta.

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 years ago

we are desperate to get rid of our ubuntu bonjour gateway, and I'm loathed to use anything from aerohive out of loyalty.

We need the bonjour stuff for multiple VLAN WLAN links.

Please please please let us beta it!!!

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

We're actually out of beta and in a phase we call LCS - Limited Customer Shipment. Our Sales Engineers work closely with our resellers to select candidates for this phase, so your best bet is to contact your reseller to see if they can get you on the LCS program.

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

Well we hope it comes out early November as it has been postponed many times now and this has started to get really crucial for us.
We have a lot of bonjour devices that needs to communicate properly through v/wlans.
Other vendors have told us that they've had this feature implemented a while already e.g. Aruba.
Please keep us posted.

Thnx!

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 years ago

We got added to the LCS, have installed 9.7. in production and smartway works brilliant, it has enabled me to ditch our Ubuntu bonjour gateway.

Obviously we are gambling as 9.7 pre release could introduce other issues.

17 Messages

• 

256 Points

7 years ago

we have 47 access point and two ZD3050 controllers and multiple vlans it would be great if we could be part of the LCS, ive asked our reseller (Digital Air) to contact you but so far neither of us have had any response?

Do we have a confirmed date yet?

thanks.

37 Messages

• 

854 Points

7 years ago

is there any documentation for smartway functionality available yet? (I've seen the data sheet and I'm intrigued...). Would be helpful to be able to start planning network topology designs.

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

7 years ago

Beuller, Beuller?

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

As is now obvious we've delayed the release to ensure high quality. Target is now mid December.

3 Messages

• 

82 Points

This has been a long time coming, Keith. Most of your competitors have already had their Bonjour gateways available for customers for many months - some for a year. It's a shame to see Ruckus slipping.

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

see below

17 Messages

• 

256 Points

See what below Keith my comment? confused now

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

(note to self - post See Below _after_ posting Below...)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7 years ago

Can i be please added to the LCS anything to get to try this out before my line manager decides that this is taking too long and gets our suppliers to rip out nearly 50k of ruckus kit for aerohive.

Come on this is starting to become a joke, lots of other vendors now have this running fine and have done for quite a while now.

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

Getting added to the LCS at this point would be counter-productive.

I do apologize on our behalf as I know this feature is extremely important for many of you. We have to balance a lot of different needs for each release and sometimes we get it wrong - or at least it appears that way to those needing it.

And there are 2 kinds of late - there's late to start (guilty..). Then there's late for good reasons - quality, completeness, confidence. It's the latter that's hitting us now and honestly that's a good thing (and in fact you can blame me personally for some of it). How much worse if we released "on time" - and it didn't work well?

I'm monitoring internal progress daily, and we are on track for the mid-month release.

17 Messages

• 

256 Points

7 years ago

Reason i sounded a bit brash is that i think the ruckus is very good, but my boss is very apple centric and looks for any excuse to use their products, he's blaming the wi-fi for the dropping of the bonjour service when using app TV know their is an issue with this service since ios 7 was released.

we also have vlans here to seperate the staf/student/visitor wifi but he wants bridging so they can print use app tv etc and keeps saying how wonderful aerohive is????

sorry for complaining but i would hate to see what i think is a very good system taking out because of delays.

thanks for the reply