Skip to main content

Tue, Oct 22, 2013 10:30 PM

Answered

Printing Guest Pass Ticket to a Receipt Printer

I want to be able to print the guest pass ticket on a thermal (receipt) printer. Problem is that the web browsers print a header and footer which makes the recept print A4 length.
The only way i have found to stop it from printing is to change a global setting so that no websites prints the header/footer. Anyone else tried to do this or found another solution?

Responses

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

Not sure how geeky you want to get, and I haven't actually tried this, but 90% certain it would work:

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/get_...

-Keith

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

7 years ago

Thanks Keith but have found a simpler alternative and that is to use Google Crome. When you go to print there is an option to untick header and footer. It still appears to be a global setting but much easier to change than in IE!

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

Cool! Thanks for sharing the solution!

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7 years ago

Hello,
Do you have any further documentation on how to set this up and the equipment requirements? I have tried to print a guess pass using Chrome as describe above to a Dynamo Label 330 printer and the information is not readable and it is not displayed correctly.
It would be a great benefit for many companys who have the Zonedirector 1100 product to be able to setup a thermal printer to print guest's temporary passwords. Could someone please post the steps and requirements or maybe there is a walk through or a setup guide?
Thank you
Ed Hayes
[email protected]

28 Messages

• 

362 Points

7 years ago

+1 - would be useful info to have.

We are also looking at a tricked up way to present guest passes

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 years ago

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

Thank you for your article..That was a Great article, i have never seen.
Leading Photocopier dealers and distributors in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, India, SBBS dealing office copier, printer rental, Hire MFD copier, sales and services, MPS.This is one of the best photocopier services, you have missed this, you can add this to your site.