Skip to main content

6 Messages

• 

144 Points

Sun, Jan 4, 2015 6:00 AM

Answered

Get CLI config files of ZD ,like cisco's show run

I want to use a cli like cisco's 'show run' to get the cli configuration. And then enter this configuration to a new deivce by CLI.

I know the show config, but it is not a kind of CLI command. 't re-enter the output of "show conf" to restore a config.

Responses

Champion

• 

556 Messages

• 

10.5K Points

6 years ago

The ZoneDirector stores it's config in a database that you can back up then selectively restore (e.g. Configuration only) via the WebUI. Is doing it at the command line a must?

6 Messages

• 

144 Points

Thanks for your reply. Yes, if it support backup cli configuration could be better.
You means ZD does not support this feature?
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

6 years ago

Neither ZoneDirector nor Standalone APs have a complete text configuration file backup/restore capability. You can script some CLI configuration of common settings or WLANs, but not a full backup/restore file.

You can save a configured ZoneDirector backup file, and install it on a new ZD,
leaving that ZD's IP address and login credentials, in order to "clone" another/new
ZD with an existing/working configuration, which is sometimes helpful. This is
done thru the ZoneDirector WebUI too though, not a CLI method.

6 Messages

• 

144 Points

Thanks!

29 Messages

• 

476 Points

If I understand correctly.
I can do these in ZoneDirector.
-backup config from gui
-let say I lost the password
just reset to factory default
-set new password
-restore config
my new password still intact (won't be overwrittern by restored config)

if correct
can I do the same thing with vSZ

tq

824 Messages

• 

13.2K Points

i think password in backup file will get applied to the controller...pls chk with support on this be sure...
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

NBCTCP, the vSZ allows you to do a Config Backup and a Cluster Backup.
A Config Backup can be applied to a new vSZ instance.
A Cluster Backup must be applied to an exactly matching (hw, cpu, mem) vSZ instance.

29 Messages

• 

476 Points

MY point is whether after restore, admin password in backup will overwrite target vSZ admin password or not.
If not that will be good if I want to copy similar config to different machine
tq

37 Messages

• 

592 Points

6 years ago

Would be nice if there's a CLI command that we can enter to get ZD's complete configuration. This will be useful if we want to load configuration from one ZD model to a different model (for testing purposes, for example).
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

Hello M, ask your Ruckus account rep to add your vote to feature request FR-1489: Restore ZD backup via CLI.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

Any idea if that cli has been made available. support has requested to share flashbackup to replicate some issue, however as per info-sec policies I can share the config file without changing some details of the file.