Thanks,

Sibi

Responses

21 Messages

• 

290 Points

4 years ago

Hi,

if you are using DHCP server on the controller then you cannot.
Could you please elaborate what is the problem you are trying to solve?

13 Messages

• 

258 Points

4 years ago

Thank you for the reply..  If i enable DHCP in ZD, then the Lan PCs also get IP released from ZD. We want to get DHCP only for the wireless clients.

14 Messages

• 

300 Points

4 years ago

We do a configuration where a windows server is used as a dhcp with multiple scopes, and we have multiple ESSID's VLANed so each ESSID receive DHCP from their specified scope.  I am sure there are other ways to do this.
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

4 years ago

The ZoneDirector can serve DHCP on it's local subnet only, and the ZoneDirector assumes it's using default VLAN 1 (considered 'untagged').
Best practices advise customers to assign unique/different VLAN IDs to their WLANs (clients), and this requires that the ZD be connected to a switch that can Trunk more than one VLAN, each with its own DHCP server and def-gw IP for those subnet(s).
The ZoneDirector local DHCP is meant to provide a local IP to APs that are initially being connected (to learn ZD IP or Mesh info, and then can be deployed remotely),
*or* for the small business/home user, who trusts his wireless clients not to mess with his ZD/APs.