john_case_5668243's profile

9 Messages

• 

232 Points

Thu, Jun 20, 2013 2:17 PM

Answered

Anyone using Cacti?

I am running Cacti for monitoring our network, and would like to monitor the Zone Director as well. What I'm running into is that there are no Cacti templates out there and I'm not comfortable building my own. Has anybody built a Cacti template that monitors the ZD or APs?

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

8 y ago

Not at this time, but it's definitely on my wish-list

5 Messages

• 

102 Points

8 y ago

Hello guys,

I'm looking at doing this same thing through MRTG. However, I can't figure out how to enable SNMP v2 on my AP's that are controlled by a Zone Director.

Anyone able to give me a quick idea of where to set this?

Thanks!
jason

15 Messages

• 

254 Points

8 y ago

Hi Jason,

On the Config Tab, Menu->System you have a "+Network Management" link, at the end of the page.
Just click it and you will have access to enable SNMPv2

You can use the same communities to get SNMPv2 data from APs connected to ZD.

5 Messages

• 

102 Points

8 y ago

Thanks!

30 Messages

• 

402 Points

8 y ago

Hi all,

Is anyone using PRTG to monitor the AP's? We are trying to monitor the number of associated clients on every AP, which OID should we be using from the AD library?

Thanks,
Julius

18 Messages

• 

350 Points

8 y ago

PRTg - no, I don't use this.

For OIDs, please look into the document "Ruckus WirelessTM ZoneFlexTM Access Point SNMP Reference Guide" and a MIB (you have to ask the support for it?)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/do...

From the guide:

ruckusWLANStatsNumSta OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX Counter32
MAX-ACCESS read-only
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"Number of associated stations."
::= { ruckusWLANStatsEntry 3 }

regards.

30 Messages

• 

402 Points

8 y ago

Thanks J,

I gave it a try but all I am getting is "0" all the time even though the ZD reports 5 clients per device, might need to log a ticket with support.

Champion

• 

202 Messages

• 

3K Points

8 y ago

Checking some old SNMP notes...

You should try this:
> user@linux:ruckus# snmpwalk -On -c $COMMUNITYSTRING -v2c -Pe -m "" $CONTROLLER-IP .1.3.6.1.4.1.25053.1.2.2.1.1.2.1.1.15
> user@linux:ruckus# snmpwalk -On -c $COMMUNITYSTRING -v2c -Pe -m "" $CONTROLLER-IP .1.3.6.1.4.1.25053.1.2.2.1.1.2.1.1.16
> user@linux:ruckus# snmpwalk -On -c $COMMUNITYSTRING -v2c -Pe -m "" $CONTROLLER-IP .1.3.6.1.4.1.25053.1.2.2.1.1.2.1.1.2

Did that give you what you want?

My old SNMP notes can be found here:
https://forums.ruckuswireless.com/ruc...

9 Messages

• 

232 Points

7 y ago

I don't have the original files, so I exported the templates I've been using.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7...

7 Messages

• 

130 Points

7 y ago

John,
I don't see your note about 9.8.1.0 here, but saw it in the email notification. I can confirm that I upgraded an existing system to that version and the ZD related SNMP continued to work just fine. HOWEVER, I noticed I'm not able to get info from the APs any longer. I have no idea if that was related to the upgrade or not. Haven't had time to investigate.

9 Messages

• 

232 Points

7 y ago

Sorry Travis. I edited my comment after posting it. I restarted Cacti, and my graphs started working again. All that I'm collecting from the APs is uptime.

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

7 y ago

A short while back I put together some templates. They can be found in the cacti forums here:
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php...

-Joel

9 Messages

• 

232 Points

7 y ago

Joel,
The templates you put together are awesome. I award you all of my Internet points for the day!

15 Messages

• 

254 Points

7 y ago

I just upgraded to 9.8.1 and its working great here.

We still have Cacti but we are moving to Zabbix as it has some more interesting features that we want for monitor not just our WiFi but also our servers and other network devices.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

do you have zabbix template ?

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

7 y ago

hi Odilo,

do you have Zabbix Ruckus Zone Director template ?

Important Announcement