Skip to main content

1 Message

• 

390 Points

Mon, Sep 30, 2013 11:52 PM

Implemented

Add LLDP support to Ruckus devices

This has been an enhancement request open since Jan 27, 2009 3:14pm on the old website.

Not having LLDP support is a major downside for devices positioned as players in the enterprise space. It's about five years since the standard was finalized, and this is a critical infrastructure management protocol. Please prioritize this.

Responses

5 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

I too have asked my sales rep for this feature. I have over 500 APs deployed, with another ~300 on the way, having lldp would be just about the best thing i could ask for.

13 Messages

• 

218 Points

7 years ago

considering linux is the basis of the device, this seems appropriate:

http://open-lldp.org/

3 Messages

• 

106 Points

7 years ago

I would also love to see this feature and urge it to be a top priority.

9 Messages

• 

154 Points

7 years ago

Us too!

Champion

• 

202 Messages

• 

3K Points

7 years ago

Me too.

4 Messages

• 

104 Points

7 years ago

+1

31 Messages

• 

588 Points

7 years ago

+1..!

5 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

any updates to this? even my request is now 5 months old, let alone the original request being from ~2009. some kind of network discovery protocol is now almost REQUIRED for these to work in my environment. I need to be able to query my switches and find every Ruckus AP, not have to run macros against an OUI list and hope for the best.

368 Messages

• 

5.6K Points

7 years ago

It's actually quite funny. They have an OPT LED on all APs that seems to be there just to make up the numbers.

7 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

I just posted a question related to this. I'm doing a rollout for a school district and want to use a tool to automate diagraming so I want to find out what the APs support. I guess I can rule this one out for discovery purposes.

Add me to the list requesting LLDP support be added.

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

7 years ago

I would like LLDP support as well.

1 Message

• 

64 Points

7 years ago

LLDP - Yes please!

37 Messages

• 

854 Points

7 years ago

Me too!

1 Message

• 

62 Points

7 years ago

I guess I was a tad surprised this was not already included. Please add

683 Messages

• 

11K Points

7 years ago

This is one of those features that keeps getting bumped in favor of others.

It's important to hit the +1 icon on the original post above (or other features you want to see) if you haven't already.

What would be helpful in the comments is use-cases (why it would be useful) or business-case (deals/installs lost) and that will help our product managers prioritize features better.

368 Messages

• 

5.6K Points

Many times you do a predictive deployment where you specify where each AP should be placed. You document everything. Then when you go to the site to do some troubleshooting or doing a survey you need to check if they have done their job right.

Otherwise you could spend a lot of time solving the wrong problem. It's essential to start with the basics first and work your way up and checking that APs are at their right locations is usually the first step.