S

6 Messages

• 

134 Points

Wed, May 5, 2021 7:53 PM

WLAN Authentication

*I want to create a wlan,

*The users don’t need authentication, but I have to know the user’s personal information, 

*when user is connect to wlan…is possible to configure or redirect the user to google forms? 

Official Rep

• 

1.2K Messages

• 

17K Points

5 m ago

Hi Stefany,

On guest WLAN and on WISPr, you can define a post authentication URL, this will point the user to your desired URL, however, it is up-to the clients if they wish to ignore the redirected page and start using the network or provide you the info on Google forms.

What is the controller you are using and on what version?

6 Messages

• 

134 Points

@syamantak_omer 

Zone Director V 9.12

1. In Wispr I need to configure a captive portal and I need an authentication server. The wlan is created for free wifi service 

*can it works with google forms? 
2. guest wlan… is password necessary to login? Or it can be an open wlan to redirect to google forms 

Official Rep

• 

1.2K Messages

• 

17K Points

1. In Wispr I need to configure a captive portal and I need an authentication server. The wlan is created for free wifi service 

*can it works with google forms? 

[Syamantak] I don't think you can directly integrate with google forms. Still you have to configure captive portal and authentication, post that you use post authentication URL where you can put google forms link.
2. guest wlan… is password necessary to login? Or it can be an open wlan to redirect to google forms

[Syamantak] It can be open and without guest pass. On guest portal profile select always accept option.

On a side note, I am not sure if always accept option is available on 9.12 version. So try to upgrade to closest supported version, as per your AP models.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Official Rep | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI

Follow me on Linkedin

6 Messages

• 

134 Points

It works! Thank you very much 

guest wlan works…I understand the user can ignore the redirect page but it’s possible that I can obtain a lot of user's information(name, ID card and address) 

bless you 

455 Messages

• 

5.6K Points

In principle, it may be (and most probably is) illegal to collect personal information and ID data this way.

As a minimum, serious responsibility is applied to collecting, storing, and processing this type of data. When you collect this data over guest WiFi (it has no encryption), data are open to everybody to collect, so they are in fact made publicly available. In case of any problem, you as an owner of the network with such setup are responsible.You also are obliged to put clear warning, that inputting the ID info in the form over this insecure setup, users as well as publish them on Internet. You also must state why you collect this data and for what use you collect them.

Do you really want that? I don't think so. Anyway, for what legitimate goal would you want to collect personal ID numbers? Difficult to imagine... 

Better think twice, if you really need that...

Also, I personally would avoid any WiFi network asking for such data, as it looks very suspicious, and I definitely would never input my personal data in such form. Only legitimate reason for asking for such data is signing some service agreement or making a payment, and in this case it must be done over SSL encrypted connection to a reputable service provider, and no other way.

(edited)

Official Rep

• 

1.2K Messages

• 

17K Points

I strongly agree with Eizens that collecting user data this way is not correct!

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Official Rep | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI

Follow me on Linkedin

Important Announcement