J

9 Messages

• 

162 Points

Fri, Oct 8, 2021 3:15 AM

ZD1200 How to kill the bad signal client offline

if an ap shows the RSSI value of a client is greater than 75dbm, which means signal very bad .

I dont know ruckus production very much , but i want to know how to kill the bad signal client offline , and then make sure that the client can connet the nearest ap when the movable client change its location .

How to set the ZD1200 , which can automatically implements the function .

9 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 d ago

it can be used SNR value to represent the signal too

15 Messages

• 

204 Points

11 d ago

Hi joe_tommie,

I think you mean -75dbm of RSSI. That's still a good value for the signal, bad values would be -90 dbm or less but It would also depend on the noise and interference of the surrounding environment and even for the type of service (voice, video, data, etc.). A better measure is the Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) which should be above 25 to have a good connection. On how to remove these clients, once they are offline they should be gone after some minutes when ZD refresh data.

Thanks.

David.

9 Messages

• 

162 Points

@david_saez thank you your answer.

i saw some cases after i posted this question.

right now i know how to tune the zd1200.

here are my set:

SmartRoam Factor is set 5,

and BSS Min Rate is set 12mbps.

what do you think.

15 Messages

• 

204 Points

SmartRoam factor to 5 will make clients roam when SNR(also shown as RSSI) is bellow 20, so It is a good value to roam.

BSS Min Rate is good to 12 too.

Cheers.

David.

Official Rep

• 

249 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

11 d ago

Hi Joe,

Below article explains about the table mapping the Roamfactor value to the SNR. Please check for your reference.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/articles/000002637

Regards,

Sanjay Kumar

Important Announcement