jeff_wolstenholme's profile

25 Messages

• 

542 Points

Thu, Aug 12, 2021 3:49 AM

Unleashed Firmware 200.10.10.5.246

I see that the Unleashed Platform has a new firmware available. However, I do not see any release notes in the support section.  

Does anyone have the release notes or know what was updated in this release?

4 Messages

• 

92 Points

2 m ago

No idea, I noticed this too, but couldn't find release notes. I test upgraded a few R610s and it seems to work fine, but I have no idea what changes were implemented. I'd hold off on updating in production until there are release notes associated with this.

18 Messages

• 

290 Points

2 m ago

Just upgraded it for my R610 and it runs smoothly, no issue found yet !

It should be "safe" to upgrade. :) 

23 Messages

• 

418 Points

2 m ago

@allan_grohe  @syamantak_omer 

Hey Ruckus staff, how about an answer here? is this an official release and if so, where are the release notes?

(edited)

54 Messages

• 

846 Points

2 m ago

Probably they are on vacation...

3 Messages

• 

104 Points

2 m ago

I'd really like to be able to get the BL7 file, so I can install some new APs in my network.

25 Messages

• 

542 Points

2 m ago

Hello Ruckus, it's been a week.  Can you please respond to the original post?

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

2 m ago

We had to contact Ruckus via our sales/support partners yesterday to get the 200.10.10.5.246 firmware file as it’s not currently available anywhere to download.

I got my paws on it this morning and was able to successfully update a new R320 Unleashed AP with it.

4 Messages

• 

92 Points

@matthew_plumb did they happen to provide release notes, too?

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

Not sure I’m afraid , I just got the bz7 file from our partner. I can ask if they have it?

25 Messages

• 

542 Points

Please ask for the release notes.  I would greatly appreciate it.  

4 Messages

• 

92 Points

If you don't mind, and suggest to them that they should probably make it available when adding new releases to the updater system, hah!

Champion

• 

568 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

2 m ago

FWIW I've upgraded to this release from the 200.10 GA and am having better stability during roaming, particularly when a device drops to 2.4GHz then back to 5GHz on the same AP.

I'm also noticing it finally fixes the "directed-multicast doesn't stick across master AP reboots" issue that we've previously talked about in other threads.

54 Messages

• 

846 Points

2 m ago

@john_d that's why everybody asks about he Release Notes to see what's fixed and changed.... total shame for Ruckus been silent for so long...

3 Messages

• 

104 Points

2 m ago

@allan_grohe  @syamantak_omer Can we get the release notes and bl7 file please?

Official Rep

• 

1.2K Messages

• 

17K Points

@donald_scott_bmuwpz8gv94dy 

This version is not yet published on our portal, though available for the upgrade over OTA server.

I will check and update once details are posted in the support portal.

Thanks you for the patience.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Official Rep | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI

Follow me on Linkedin

4 Messages

• 

92 Points

@syamantak_omer having an update published to the OTA update system without release notes seems like bad practice. Can we make sure this process gets revisited?

Official Rep

• 

1.2K Messages

• 

17K Points

Hi David,

I apologies for any inconvenience, we have already notified the publication team and will fix it soon.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Official Rep | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI

Follow me on Linkedin

54 Messages

• 

846 Points

2 m ago

Resolved Issues in Build 200.10.10.5.246

• Resolved an issue where channels 132 and 136 were disabled for 80 Mhz and Auto, Japan country code. [ER-10500]

• Resolved an issue where WLAN passphrase locked up the system. [ER-10223]

• Resolved an issue where Apple clients were  getting  disconnected from the WLAN due to  inactivity.  [ER-9831]

• Resolved an issue where the UE loses network  connectivity  when roaming between radios on same AP, in WPA2 WLAN. [ER-10340]

• Resolved an issue where the client with Sonos app were failing to detect Sonos speakers over the WLAN. GTK Key Index missing. [ER-9637]

Champion

• 

568 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

@veno77 YESSSS, ER-10340  and ER-9637 have been my biggest gripes 

15 Messages

• 

238 Points

This is good, I think.

Resolved an issue where Apple clients were  getting  disconnected from the WLAN due to  inactivity.  [ER-9831]

What the best set of defaults to use with this version of the firmware (on/off for 802.11k, 802.11r, smart-roam, etc)?

Champion

• 

568 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

@bhusan_gupta 

802.11k: on unless you have old clients that refuse to connect with it on

802.11r: on for WPA2-Enterprise. Off for WPA2-PSK because this makes your network vulnerable to KRACK. 

smart-roam: generally off for modern clients. Kicking weaker clients leads to more connection troubles. Don’t do it unless it’s super high density or you have some really problematic clients that connect to the wrong AP. 

Important Announcement