Hi, I know there's a couple threads about this recently, but just hoping you could help me specifically. I have a Lennar house and a ICX 7150-C12P switch.
Since a recent power outage, my Ruckus Unleashed performance is poor. On a browser, pages load sluggishly. Some devices that used to work in the basement don't anymore. On the Ruckus app and unleashed.ruckuswireless.com, the switch shows as disconnected.
So after a lot of tinkering, I was able to make it this far, but I'm stuck.
1. I can access the web GUI of the switch via the IP http://192.168.1.67/ (found from the AT&T Smart Home Manager app)
2. I can also use Putty (open it, put that IP, leave SSH as connection type, enter credentials)
3. I then type "enable" on the putty screen
4. I type "configure terminal" to get super access
5. I type "boot system flash primary" to set it to try and run from the primary aka switch mode
6. I type "write terminal" to set it as the default
7. I then exit the screen and login again, "enable", "boot system flash primary". It reboots, but if I run "show version", it lists
UNIT 1: compiled on Sep 23 2019 at 00:00:25 labeled as SPR08090d
(32539748 bytes) from Secondary SPR08090d.bin (UFI)
SW: Version 08.0.90dT213
Compressed Secondary Boot Code size = 786944, Version:10.1.15T225 (mnz1011
On the WEB GUI, I see the following. I wonder if my primary got corrupted somehow? Why is it T211 not T213 like the secondary? What's the next best step? Should I reset? Or upgrade the firmware?
|Flash Primary Image Version:
|Flash Secondary Image Version: