R

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Mon, Feb 15, 2021 4:41 PM

Lennar Home - Wifi issues

I haver a new Lennar home and we have random power surges.  Everytime the wifi becomes intermittently non responsive, sluggish, and all smart home devices are non-responsive or extremely delayed.  I have tried, unplugging router, doing a hard reset on AP, but no success this time.  Is there documentation on how to configure the AP on the Ruckus dashboard.  Maybe I am missing something.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

21 Messages

• 

284 Points

10 m ago

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but the power surges need to be addressed before you can tell if you have any Ruckus issues. I'm also in a Lennar home. The AP's take 7-10 mins to reboot and come online after a power outage or reboot. You did say surge though so maybe that is messing with the AP's. Do they lose power? 

(edited)

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

If you have mindset most of the features and specs mention in Any laptop then making your own laptop purchase will be quite enough for you. Best Laptop For Architecture

(edited)

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

10 m ago

Yes, momentarily the power goes out.  I'm told it happens frequently in this area.  I am going to get a UPS for router and ISP modem/gateway, but right now can't seem to get things back to normal.  The power surge was Saturday and it's not been right since.

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

66 Messages

• 

826 Points

Hi there - 

That's an odd situation. How many APs do you have in the house? Since the ICX is the main power source for them, having a UPS on it would be your best bet.

When you look at your Unleashed dashboard, are all of your APs still up and in the mesh, or are any offline?

As stated above, the R510 does take about 5-10 minutes to fully boot, but I can't imagine you'd have issues once the mesh is back up and fully functional.

There are a few things you can try power wise - do you have access to the CLI of the ICX?

Matt Klouda

Technical Enablement and Content Creator/Host

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

10 m ago

I'm in a Sarasota Lennar home owner and I need my router moved to the closest. Amazon  came but I didn't have all my equipment. He said he can come back when I am ready. How do I get them to come back and put the router in the closet or whatever it is in the "closet"?
THANKS,

KATHRINE

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

66 Messages

• 

826 Points

Hi Katherine - 

Do you have anyone you can contact at Lennar to set this up? I'm fairly sure they will have the right information for you. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can track down on our end.

Keep in mind, I'm NOT passing the buck, I'm 99% sure that's what I have seen as a requirement for that in the past. :)

Good luck and let me know!

Matt Klouda

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

We’re going home this week. No, I had no luck. When we come back in October I’ll try again. 
wht is it important to have the modem in the closet, rather than on the floor?

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

66 Messages

• 

826 Points

I honestly don't know - if you want to snap some pictures of what the set up looks like and post them here, I can give you more insight.

Matt Klouda

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

@kathrine_noran you have 90 days free technical support from the date you moved in. You can reached them thru Amazon website and make an appointment. With Lennar, you have 1-year home warranty that includes the automation issues.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7 m ago

Hi reid,

Did you ever figure out the problem?, I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me crazy. Do you know if Lennar set up the network as a mesh network or as Access Points?

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

@mike_h I believed it’s AP.

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

7 m ago

Have a lennar home as well. ruckus icx 7150 and a R510 AP.  wifi is on shows connected but is sluggish doesn't connect to internet. Also we have a  smart TV hooked to the 7150 that looses connectivity often. Shows disconnected. The set up was working just fine and now it is not working properly.  I have rebooted both devices one at a time and works for a few minutes then stops.  Any advice will help.

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

66 Messages

• 

826 Points

How many APs do you have? Is the TV connected via ethernet or wifi?

Matt Klouda

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 AP. and tv connected ethernet

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

66 Messages

• 

826 Points

Sounds a bit like a cable issue - I wonder if the keystone jack isn't punched down all the way. Otherwise it could be a speed/duplex mismatch. Do you have the ability to access the 7150?

Matt Klouda

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

Yes I do.  Let me know what I need to check and or do.

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

I verified cabling once but will do that again as another check.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 m ago

Hi, have this issue been solved? I also have a new Lennar house and everything was working properly until 2 days ago when I had a power outage and not everything connected through the AP is either not working meaning no internet or super sluggish connectivity. I tries rebooting all the devices including the ATT router but no luck. Any advice is much appreciated. I have the ICX 7150 and 2 x AP (541)

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

@jay_lasad same with me, everything went slow after the power outage. My ISP replaced the Gateway with their new model and no issues after that. Easy fix. Hope that helps.

6 Messages

• 

110 Points

@jay_lasad contact Ruckus Support - they fixed the issue within 10 min! 

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

@juan_acevedo did they fix it remotely?

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

4 m ago

I have a Nokia modem, Ruckus 7150 ICX 7150-C12P and two R-510 AP included in my Lennar SmartHome. After a power outage everything went slow. Called cable company, technician removed their Panoramic Gateway and told me that I don’t need it since I have the Ruckus 7150 ICX. My internet was working fine and 10min after he left, everything shut down so I called cable company again and another technician came by and installed their new model Gateway but disconnected my Ruckus 7150. Everything is working great now but I am paying their Gateway monthly. My question is, will my internet works if I only used the modem and my ruckus only? I am planning to return the Gateway so I don’t have to pay it monthly but I am afraid to connect the ruckus straight to modem, I might end up of having no internet again for a few days. Thanks in advance to those who will respond.

Important Announcement