francis_aromin's profile

17 Messages

• 

426 Points

Mon, Dec 3, 2018 2:00 AM

Answered

Ruckus Virtual SmartZone on Nutanix AHV

Is Virtual SmartZone supported to run on Nutanix AHV clusters?  Can't seem to find any information about it and haven't heard of anyone who's tried it.  Since AHV is based on KVM, it should technically work.  

I just need confirmation that it's supported.  Some documentation would be much appreciated too.  We're planning to migrate from ZD in a few months time.

14 Messages

• 

252 Points

3 y ago

Hi.

No, it's not supported. 

192 Messages

• 

3K Points

3 y ago

I'm sure it works, but if support ever asks you, just say it's running on VMware. They wouldn't know the difference.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 y ago

Hi, is there an update on this? we are also about to move the vSZ from VMware to Nutanix. 
Isn't it that, as long as the underlying network setup is the same to Nutanix, it should work?
Need your input. Thanks!

17 Messages

• 

426 Points

2 y ago

We've successfully deployed VSZ on Nutanix AHV a couple of months ago. Two VSZ nodes installed on separate AHV clusters, on two different sites. 

We just used the KVM image.  Everything else was pretty straightforward.  

192 Messages

• 

3K Points

That's with a brand new install, for those who are migrating, I would imagine there would be a solution. Will just need the VirtIO as well as NGT setup.

With that being said, I would love to see an official Ruckus response to the process.

15 Messages

• 

156 Points

8 m ago

https://www.nutanix.com/content/dam/nutanix/partners/technology-alliances/solution-briefs/sb-smartzone-on-nutanix-ahv.pdf

Employee

• 

62 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Also, vSZ Getting started Guide has a section dedicated for Nutanix AHV https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/vsz-gettingstartedguide/page/GUID-6D885264-3CF4-4F18-B9E5-9DDD8D653FD7.html

-

HTH

Thanks

Karthik.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

5 m ago

Hi.

we just successfully deploy the VSZ on the Nutanix AHV with a little struggle to find the reference beacuse from the Ruckus side documentation not cover all the information we need

basically when we try to deploy VSZ on Nutanix we must covert the qcow2 file to vmdk format in the nutanix hypervisor

Important Announcement