Hope you are all doing well during these times.
I'm looking to migrate a High Scale vSZ from one datacenter to another.
Current vSZ is setup on public IP (behind a NAT). It manages WAPs and switches. Version 18.104.22.168.598.
We are looking to do the same thing in the second datacenter with a new public IP.
I have been able to set up the vSZ. At this point I'm looking for an advice or best practice on how to make this transition smooth. Here is my option that I can think of:
- Load a backup of the current vSZ to the new one.
- Move all of the equipment (change the SCG IP address) using AP scripts and switch batch cli facility.
- Change the SCG IP to a FQDN for WAPs and switches (not sure if it is possible).
- Load a backup of the current vSZ to the new one
- Change the IP in the DNS
- Setup a new vSZ and add it to the cluster
- Let all the equipment get the new SCG IP
- Shutdown the current vSZ
- Remove the old (current) smartzone from the cluster
Please let me know which one of the above would be the preferred method. Also, if you know of a better way to do it - please let me know.