Skip to main content

12 Messages

• 

164 Points

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 10:44 PM

Not seeing zoneFlex R610 in Smartzone 100

The PWR & CTL LED lights are solid so I know that it got the IP and is talking to the Smartzone 100.

I can ping the IP it was assigned(10.*.*.102), I determined it by looking at the previous online AP's that are online.

However I am not seeing it in the list of online AP's in on my dashboard.

Can anyone help me with this?

Im new to Ruckus technology

Responses

69 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

Ping from SZ100 by CLI ? If not you should do it so. & check ports on firewalls on the trace btw AP & SZ

12 Messages

• 

164 Points

I can ping from SZ100 to the IP which I believe is the AP. it takes 1 hop.

I cant get into the AP via SSH because i cant find the credentials....VERY frustrating...no documentation!

12 Messages

• 

164 Points

ok I did a remote cli command ...the traceroute shows 1 hop to the Smartzone . So no firewall blocking it.

222 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

2 years ago

How do the AP's learn about the SZ IP address? If you can ping, can you ssh and 'show scg ip'?

what SSID's does the AP broadcast? Is there a change the firmware on the AP is Unleashed so is solid on CTL becuase it has become an Unleashed Master?

12 Messages

• 

164 Points

whats an Unleashed Master?

I dont know what SSID is being broadcast, i would believe its the default. All i did was put the AP on the same subnet as the SZ100

222 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

Unleashed is a product from Ruckus where one of the AP's assumes the role of a controller. Its supported on certain AP models, just a different firmware. It has been know for customers to receive an AP with Unleashed firmware instead of standard image. It should be obvious if this is the case as a default master will broadcast a "configure.me" SSID.

12 Messages

• 

164 Points

ok thanks for that info....

No configure.me SSID is being broadcasted.

I did a get version and its showing Version: 3.6.0.0.709

126 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi GCredit,

Please SSH into the AP and run "get director", this should give you status of the AP/SZ connection.

AP's login password is different, it should be AP login password which can be changed on the AP Zone profile.

The AP looks like it is connected to the SZ and upgraded itself to SZ's firmware.

The above command should shed some info.

Regards,
Abilash PR.

12 Messages

• 

164 Points

Hi Abi,

that's what I get when trying to use get director command.

I changed the password via the AP zone and its saying incorrect login

69 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

2 years ago

Network connectvity first.
Second on APs:
get version 
for newes (9): 
set director ip ХХХХ
for olds (3): 
set scg ip ХХХХ