Skip to main content

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 4:04 PM

AP Name incorrect

I have many sites on two different vSZ-H controllers.

Two sites only show this problem:

I rename APs using the "Access Point" configuration menu. When I switch to "Monitor APs" these APs show AP Name as "MyRouter". If I go to the "Configuration" menu again, the APs show the names I gave them. 

The APs are R500 and R510 models and the issue occurs on both controllers.

Has anyone seen this issue? I would appreciate any assistance.

Responses

Official Rep

 • 

722 Messages

 • 

11.3K Points

2 months ago

Hi Paddy,

Could you confirm the controller and AP version.

Also try to delete these two APs from the controller >> factory reset them and reconfigure with controller.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

13 Messages

 • 

256 Points

I have actually moved these APs from a version 3.4 controller to a version 5.0 controller and the fault moved with the APs.

Official Rep

 • 

722 Messages

 • 

11.3K Points

I have seen a similar issue in past where factory resetting and removing the APs from the controller did fix the issue.

If issue persist after deleting and factory resetting the APs, please open a support case.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

202 Messages

 • 

3.1K Points

a month ago

I have seen this. it is not actually a big problem, usually displayed name is updated in a few minutes. Updating it again or rebooting AP  helps too. But it is not a big problem actually, as AP functions as configured, it is just some monitoring caching glitch.

(edited)