Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (795)

Activity

Accepted Solution

"vsz essentials doesnt support multiple interfaces, please configure with one interface then setup again"

hi, I'm trying to setup a demo vSZ on an EXSI server at the vSZ# I typed in SETUP, and chose vSZ essential, but came up with this error message "vsz essentials doesnt support multiple interfaces, please configure with one interface then setup again" I did notice there are multiple interfaces in

Question

• SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

MIGRATE AP FROM SMARTZONE TO DIFFERENT SMARTZONE

Hi Guys is there any ways to migrate the multiple ap from smartzone to diffrent smartzone? i know we can use remote ap-cli  but it is for single ap only. NOTE : the version of the controller is 5.1.2 so we cannot use AP CLI SCRIPTS ALSO

Question

• 

Answered

Flgged high Lantency reading

I been monitor the a few newly deploy Access point where VSZ-E is showing high latency on 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz, where number of user are only 5 or less. It been flagged and Latency have not recover since deployment  Do anyone have this issue?  Any idea is this a bug or what is the possible

Question

vSCG installation

Good afternoon, I have a license for a vSCG, I have downloaded the software and to install it it is required to do it on a hypervisor. I have installed the vmware workstation and in it the vmware vsphere esxi 7.0, also the vsphere web client. the problem is that the vsphere web client does not conne

Question

ZD to VSz Migration (Legacy APs)

Hi, I am caught in a situation where I needed some ideas,  We have upgraded the VSZ from 3.6 to 5.2, We are also in the midst of migrating legacy APs (R700) from the ZD and adding new APs (R650) into the VSZ. Is there anyway when using the ZD migration tool, to specify which firmware the Z

Question

How many IP or MAC can whitelist on client isolation smartzone 100 version 5.x

Anyone help me to verify how many IP or MAC can whitelist on client isolation smartzone 100 version 5.x?

Question

License VSZ

Hi, I just want to install VSZ in my office. after that I saw VSZ has many versions and the newest version is 5.2. What I want to ask is whether the license I bought supports version 5.2? or support for another version like just 3.0 version? I have a license L09-VSCG-WW00, S01-VSCG-5L00, L09-0001-S

Question

how to configure L3 romaing

hi we have two vSZ-H and two SZ144-D DP DHCP ip address pool is e.g 1.1.1.0/24(vlan101), 1.1.2.0/24(vlan102), 1.1.3.0/24(vlan103), 1.1.4.0/24(vlan104) and then how can i configure L3 roaming of two DP?  L3 roaming config DP1 activate : enable  criteria type : UE subnet criteria value

Question

SZ-100 service offline

I have issue with SZ-100. From time to time service like Web is going offline. Service start and service restart commends are not helping. Is it possible that only reload can help in this situation?

Question

vSZ 5.2 Hotspot - No MAC Auth Option

On the ZoneDirector we had a Hotspot setup with a MAC Address bypass. I can't find the same options on the virtual Smart Zone version 5.2.

Question

AP on different VLAN is getting disconnected from the controller

Query from @ajmal_khan i have two VLAN in my network , vlan 1 and  vlan2 and my controller smarzone 100 is connected in valn1 and ALL AP connected to vlan1 is working fine but AP connected to to vlan 2 disconnected frequently, is there any configuration  required for vlan2 APs?

Question

AP IP Mode dual addressing IPv4 & IPv6

is there any reason why AP's cannot be deployed using Dual IP mode? advice offered to date has been only to use IPv4 but this has some issues when certain fault scenarios occur and IPv4 route is not viable

Question

RUCKUS Live is back!

Hey all! Happy New Year. Sorry for the brief delay, but RUCKUS Live will be back this Thursday at 2PM MST on YouTube. Come by and say hello. I'm going to cover WiFi Calling Profiles for vSZ, and after that I'll be handling Q&A for all things RUCKUS at Home. Click the link and set yourself a remi

Announcement

Does Zero-IT auto confguration support ChromeOS for Chromebooks ?

Hello, I found an old post regarding this from 2013 which said there was no support. Has there been any change since then for Zero-IT auto config support for ChromeOS ? Thank you.

Question

vSZ-H "Authentication server not reachable" alarm with unusual IP

Since upgrading to 5.1.2.0.302 we have been getting several oddities, one of which is two alarms:Authentication Server [172.23.0.110] not reachable from Radius Proxy [172.23.0.185] on Virtual SmartZone [128.149.95.207]Authentication Server [172.23.0.116] not reachable from Radius Proxy [172.23.0.185

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Move AP to different group with API call

Hi guys, Is there an API call to move an AP from one group to another? I've looked at the documentation and I can't see it obviously... Ruckus vSZ-H version 5.1.2.0.302 Thanks, Chris

Question

Verified SmartZone sends syslog to external syslog server.  When an r510 is managed by vSmartZone, does the r510 SEND SYSLOG to external sys

Verified SmartZone sends syslog to external syslog server.    vSmartZone send logging data to syslog server as configured. An r510 is configured to send logging data to external syslog server, but r510 is managed by vSmartZone.  Does the r510 send logging data to external syslog s

Question

SZ144D support API?

hi i have question SZ-144D support API? cpu, memory, device temper... dhcp bind info, nat sessions info etc... Thanks

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Update AP name through API

Hi, I want to update the AP name within the zone through an API. I have tried http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/smartzone/5.2.0/vsze-public-api-reference-guide-520.html#access-point-configuration-modify-patch this API but the name has not changed. From the API I got the 204 response but when I am looki

Question

SZ100 bios setup mode

Hello, Our partner company was testing with SZ100 ver. 5.2.1.0.515. After initializing the equipment, we downgraded the version to 5.2.0.0.699 and rebooted it. Then it turned right back to the BIOS setup mode. Is there a solution or a way to install SZ OS normally? Regards,

Question