Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (795)

Activity
Should I use vSZ & vSZ-D on single machine?

Hey guys,I have a quick question pertaining to the two instances I listed above. I'm currently building out a server, and was wondering if it's wise to install both instances on a single VM (obviously I'd leave some cushion on specs for these to work in-sync) . I'm wanting to centralize all traffic,

Question

• SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

vSZ can't start service

vSZ can't start service and login https://ip local:8443

Question

How to downgrade dataplane SZ144-D

I want to downgrade a SZ144-D dataplane from 6.0.0.0.1331 to 5.2.2.0.317. Apparently there is no way to upload older firmware directly to the dataplane; only upgrade is available and trying to downgrade to an older version with upgrade commands leads to "Upgrade Fail". So, I wanted to try cluster

Question

Accepted Solution

Ruckus vSZ stuck on halting after configuration.

I installed a 6.0.0.0 vSZ on a Hyper-V, the deployment worked fine the config website starts up. After I finish the configuration via webUi the vSZ uses "halt -f -d -n" and get stucked at this point the VM is doing nothing... I was trying to install the vSZ via Shell got the same issue. I have no op

Question

Getting duplicate MAC error on L2 ACL when there is no duplicate

I am unable to add any MAC addresses to one of my L2 ACLs, which only has 49 addresses in it at the moment. No address can be added and no duplicate exists in the list itself already. I am able to add addresses to other ACLs, so I suspect that there is some sort of database index corruption on that

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Port/VLAN best Practice

Hi Everyone, I have a SZ-100 setup with a single port group setup. We have 46 APs currently and are expecting to add 30 more at another location on campus. Currently, the primary wireless LAN lives on the same VLAN as the APs and the SZ-100 (the vendor that installed the equipment set it up t

Question

Flagged AP status clearing

1. Hello, currently we are using VSZ-H 3.6.2 and we would like to deep dive onto access points that have flagged status in VSZ GUI. however, we can only get the status through hovering the pointer over the flagged and it will show the status. with this, is there another way to extract the reasons fo

Question

vSZ-E System Capacity

Hello everyone! I just recently started getting set up with my new Virtual SmartZone controller. I have the controller itself licensed (but I haven't applied my AP licenses yet). I'm looking under the "System Info" page, and found the total capacity listed for the cluster (1 node currently) is 10

Question

vSZ issues after deployment - Wireless Latency

I recently deployed a vSZ controller appliance at work.  I also have deployed thirteen R650 access points.  This system replaced a Zone Director physical appliance and five R500 access points.  The old system worked fine without issue.  Users were able to access their Horizon View desktops w

Question

SZ API query for specific attributes

I am trying to get some information using the API. The URI is /wsg/api/public/v9_1/query/ap If I POST { "filters": [ { "type": "DOMAIN", "value": "blah" } ], "attributes": [ "*" ] } then it returns all information, but if I do { "filters": [ { "type": "DOMAIN", "value": "blah" } ], "attribute

Question

How to check default eap timer

Hi guys, would like to know is there any CLI can be run to check default eap timer in the AP?

Question

Accepted Solution

Restrict WLAN usage to certain laptops

We've set up a few dozen AP together with Cloudpath and an onsite vSZ. We have configured an internal WLAN that should only be used by employees with their company laptops. So far, users can access this WLAN by using their AD credentials (authentication is done via SZ and NPS server). Cloudpath is o

Question

Ruckus Virtual SmartZone on Nutanix AHV

Is Virtual SmartZone supported to run on Nutanix AHV clusters?  Can't seem to find any information about it and haven't heard of anyone who's tried it.  Since AHV is based on KVM, it should technically work.  I just need confirmation that it's supported.  Some documentation would be much appreciated

Question

• 

Answered

What is the use of the USB ports on a SZ-144?

We are looking to migrate to new SZ-144s and are trying to figure out if we can use the USB ports instead of FTP to load the cluster backup onto them. We cannot find any information online or in any support documentation about whether we can use the USB ports for that, and further we can't find any

Question

Ruckus T350c on vSZ

Hello, I have doubts about buying new equipment. Since we are using vSZ (HS) on 5.1.2.0.302 firmware can we activate the Ruckus T350c. Since we can't find anywhere on which firmware version (vSZ) that outdoor works. Thanks

Question

i lost the AP activation lisc file , how to re issue?

Guys silly as it seems i recieved the AP management license last year i saved the file somewhere and now i need to deploy the APs in my project i cannot find the file anywhere.  is it possible to find the file in my partner portal  how can i got the issued licenses or re-issue

Question

r750 heartbeat getting lost and disconnecting continously

HiActually, I have configured R750 and wants to move in VSZ,after moving through scg command and approved by smart zone,and ap discovery also succeeded,After that AP got disconnected and again it tries to discover, After discovery again heartbeat got lost. Please provide the solution for this. attac

Question

Accepted Solution

VSZ-H rebalancing of APs between nodes in a cluster

Hello, may I ask how does the VSZ rebalance APs between nodes in a cluster without running a command to rebalance? Does it have a defined time on how often it will check the overall status then rebalance the APs on which node it will be assigned? If you could share a detailed guide on how does the V

Question

Disable smartroam for one particularly stubborn IoT device?

I have 3*r730's (6.0.0.0.1640) and vSZ controller (6.0.0.0.1331). I have recently added an IoT device that is ejected from the AP when signal strength is low, however this particular IoT device doesnt attempt to reconnect, it just shuts down with no further broadcasts from it at all. Getting this be

Question

Accepted Solution

SmartZone AAA WLAN Access

I have my AAA setup via Windows NPS as Radius in vSZ. In ZoneDirector, I could map roles to grant access to specific WLANS based on the contents of vendor specific attribute 25053. Is there a way to do this in SmartZone? I can't add the same AAA because of the error "Duplicate IP/Port is found

Question