Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (795)

Activity
vSZ-D Ruckus GRE tunnel

SSID is not broadcasted when "Tunnel WLAN traffic through Ruckus GRE" is selected. I don' t use NAT. In the AP ZONE the tunnel selected is one created with Ruckus Tunnel mode GRE. On the vSZ-D the # of Ruckus GRE Tunnel is zero.What is missing in my configuration ?

Question

• SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

vSZ-E Social Login Support in v6.0

I am trying to use the social login feature that was just released in SmartZone v6.0 but am running into significant roadblocks. I would like to know if anyone has managed to get this feature working and would be willing to share a sanitized version of their configuration. Specifically, I am trying

Question

SSID not showing when policy is configure on the SmartZone

Upon configuration of the policy, the SSID created was not showing in the end devices. Hoping for your soonest response. Thanks you.

Question

How to find AP's admin password once they are added to the controller(vSZ/SZ)?

We have been in situation where we are not sure about the AP login credential once it is added to Ruckus controller(SZ/vSZ). Below are the 4 different scenarios: vSZ-H / SZ300- If an AP is placed into the Staging Zone: The AP login credentials are unchanged. Means AP should be accessibl

RUCKUS Self-Help

Guest pass code login again in another access point

Dear all, I am using the ruckus virtual smart zone controller. All my AP are connecting with this controller and create guest wifi for guest users. I can generate guest pass code and login with single AP. There is no problem. My problem is - When I connect guest wifi with another AP that use s

Question

Guest WLAN exception

Hello, I have two WLANs in my zone. One for our employees and one for guests/ employee mobile devices. We wanted to have a Guest WLAN that was isolated and we wanted mobile devices on it as well. The issue I am having is that when people are not at their desk but a different office or building

Question

Default License/Support on vSCG/SZ

vSCG & SZ are provided with default support and various feature license on a new installation, which comes with an expiration period of 90 days from the date of installation. The below table contains the list of Default License features by product type.    

RUCKUS Self-Help

MAC address authentication on Ruckus Smartzone-E 3.6

I am looking a solution as MAC address authentication on Ruckus Smartzone-E  3.6 with Radius server. Is it possible Version 3.6? Regards,Deepak Kumar

Question

• 

Answered

Ruckus SmartZone and Cloud Management Partners Enablement

Ruckus SmartZone and Cloud Management By Mr. Ifzam Zaidi | Associate Professional, Pre-Sales, Ingram Micro Malaysia

Question

How to utilize release notes to determine the controller upgrade compatibility, supported AP model and other useful information.

In this self-help discussion, I will explain how to determine controller upgrade compatibility, supported APs and other useful information. Follow the below steps: Note down the below details of your current controller setup. Controller type (virtual SmartZone, SmartZone, ZoneDirector

RUCKUS Self-Help

Exporting a zone to a new controller

I am trying to export a zone from one of our controllers to a new one that we just spun up. I have extracted the template on the existing controller, and exported it to my PC. I then went on the new controller, and imported it to my templates, which works as intended. Then, I go to the Access Po

Question

APs disconnect and reboot randomly from vSZ

Hi I have recently migrated x 14 ZF7372 APs onto vZS, they are all online and working, but each of the APs randomly disconnect and reboot at least once per day,  the firmware of the vSZ is 5.1.0.0.496   the current firmware on the ZF7372 APs deployed by the vSZ is 3.6.2.0.695can anyone shed any ligh

Question

• 

Answered

Setting to change for signal strength

Hi guys would like to know is there any setting we can see in ZD1200 to change for signal strength, One of our customer asking to "change the setting to only switch connection when a device is going to be out of range instead of connecting the device based on signal strength". Right now their AP a

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Implementing 802.1X using vSZ-E

Good day! Our firm is looking into implementing 802.1X authentication for our Wi-Fi and it happened that we are using Ruckus vSZ. Looking to shed some light on what are the things that we exactly need in order to be able to implement this one properly. To add to this, we also have Apple devices (Mac

Question

Ideal Firmware for R610 for syncing with Ruckus Virtual Smart Zone

Hi Can Anyone Provide me the ideal standalone firmware version of r610 for Ruckus Vsz 5.1.2.0.302. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Question

How long vSZ-H and vSZ-E logs are stored?

How long vSZ-H and vSZ-E logs are stored? example ) vSZ-H store log data last 24 hours.                vSZ-E store log data last 14days. i can't find it in manual. i just found this in controller GUI vSZ-H GUI data display last 24Hours vSZ-E GUI

Question

Smartzone - Switch Custom Event/Alarm EER-Disable not triggering ?

Hi fellows, my environment in question is about one smartzone 6.0.0.0.1331 and 100 managed icx switches. To the point. I am try to see when a port of the switches goes in the ERR-Disable state due of the bpdu protect acting up. In the smartzone network -> switches -> anyswitch -> Ports / P

Question

Upgrade AP Ruckus vSZ - 5.2.2.0.1026 to version 6

We been having some issues with upgrading ap zones to version 6.0 Last ap patch is applied (6.0.0.0.3073) but upgrading directly to this seems to cause issues with some of the ap's. It happens with all type of models R720, R510 etc.. Totally random. They are upgraded and "up-to-date" in vSZ, but

Question

Accepted Solution

H550 SmartZone Support

Is there support for the H550 AP in the 5.x version of SmartZone? I am currently using 5.2.2.x (vSZ-H) and I have H550 APs on order. The datasheet indicates there is SmartZone support, but it does not specify the version.

Question

Can you change the IP address of a vSZ?

We have a minimally licensed demo Virtual Smart Zone controller in our production network and would like to move it our lab network.  Is there a way to change the IP address of the controller?  We moved the controller VM from the production VMware environment into the lab VMware environment. The 'se

Question