Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (795)

Activity
Roaming APs

Hola amigos, buenas tardes, quería consultarle algo. Para aplicar el Roaming de SSID (Mismo nombre de red misma VLAN) que es lo recomendable.? Todos los aps en el mismo APgroup.? Los Aps en diferentes APgroup pero dentro de una misma Zona.? o Todas las anteriores dentro de un Dominio.? Tengo

Question

• SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

SmartZone custom ICX switch events

Hello, Trying to take advantage of custom ICX switch events from SZ 6.0. I have setup a few TextPattern custom events and enabled the EMAIL event management for the different severities. Emails have been tested coming from SmartZone and it works. I am wondering how SZ can receive these Text

Question

How to modify the DataPort Native Vlan ID?

Hi All, I am using Ruckus vSZ-Essential and zSZ-D. All WIFI traffic will be in RucksGRE Tunnel and sent to the DataPlane Dataport forwarding data out with Vlan 25 tagged. The DataPort connects to the Cisco switch Port 1/0/1, is configured as switchport trunk native vlan 10. The Vlan Gate

Question

Is consistence heartbeat lost normal?

I have to monitor a group of R310 indoor AP remotely. It been few days that the log on VSZ show heartbeat lost. Is there any way that I can make this log not appear. Not not showing the log but make the problem cause the log to appear solve. Also on few days back, few AP show 15 to 20 constant he

Question

Add T310 to Ruckus Virtual SmartZone Controller

Hi, I am trying to convert the Ruckus T310 AP to join our managed smartzone controller. I have done this for our R310/R510 numerous times withou any issues but the putty commands don't appear to be the same or work. I feel it needs a particular software install on it to work but I can't seem to

Question

Official Solution

Upgrade VSZ-HS from 5.1.2 to latest release

Hello Team, I have a virtual smartzone-high scale controller running on version 5.1.2.0.302. The APs associated to the controller are mainly R320. I am planning to upgrade the controller, would you kindly inform me about the latest release that would be possible to upgrade to in my case ? besides

Question

vSZ 5.1.2 "Signature Pack" out of date?

I just tried updating my vSZ-E instance from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2 and when trying to update the AP zone firmware, I get a warning that the signature pack 1.380 is out of date and I need 1.4xx or newer.Going to the Application Control tab, sure enough, the signature package version is still .380.Will there

Question

• 

Answered

RTF Webinar Notice - Introducing RUCKUS SmartZone 6.1

Register here Introducing RUCKUS SmartZone 6.1 – Security and Scalability for MSP and Hospitality Operations Date: November 17, 2021 Join your local RUCKUS Technical Family for our November webinar! We will review the features introduced in SmartZone 6.1 in several different areas like Control

Question

block google store

Hi Engineers, Do you have a method to block Google Play Store on WSZ? So far I used Firewall-Application Control - Edit Application Policy - Denial Rules - Application Services - Google Play Store. But it failed to block, I can still run / load and install from Google Play Store. 

Question

Smartzone certifcate error (expires 2034) suddenly untrusted - how to fix?

I wonder if anyone can help. After running for several years with no problems we are now getting errors reported when users (Iphone mainly) connect to the public Wi-Fi and should be prompted to login.   Instead, they are getting a certificate error relating to the scg.ruckuswireless.com

Question

Latancy Airtime Utilization

Hello, I am using vSZ-E 5.2.2.0.317. On vSZ, I can see the Latancy and AirTime Utilization of the AP, but how much exactly do these values need to be to be considered "slow" by the user?

Question

Help creating DHCP profile on Data Plane

Why is there no documentation on how to create a DHCP profile on the data plane????? I finally figured out that after I get the DHCP license activated, I need to assigned it to the data plane (completely on my own, because again, can't find any documentation explaining the process), but I still d

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Changing the resources of ruckus smartzone-essentials virtual machine

Hello Team, We already have ruckus Virtual smartzone-Essentials deployed on a virtual machine, and it accommodates for a maximum of 100 AP. In the site we had an unexpected growth and we need to install more than 100 AP, in the document it is stated that for deployments to accommodate up to 500 A

Question

vSZ V6.0.0.0.1331 - WISPr User Roles

After 4 years of waiting for user roles to be a thing in the Ruckus vSZ, v6.0.0.0.1331 finally supports them however they don't totally work. I would like to get the Hotspot (WISPr) service to work with User Roles. I can see this is a configurable option when setting up a Wireless Network howeve

Question

Acceso SSH o Telnet a los AP r320 y T310

Hola amigos una consulta. en la implementacion de APs y Controller 144 me pude dar cuenta de algo que pasaba. Cuando conectamos los AP (habilitado el telnet y SSH) a los sw y remotamente desde el sw puedo acceder a los APs ya sea por telnet o ssh y previamente direcionarlos con el comando: set sc

Question

Migración de configuración a nuevo modelo de Smartzone

Hola amigos, necesito su valiosa ayuda, me encuentro en un proyecto son 1700 APs entre r320 y t310, la controladora es una Smartzone 144 y hasta ahora todo bien. Resulta que ahora que la Smartzone 144 sera reemplazada por una Smartzone 300, los AP quedaran igual. Entonces que me recomiendan p

Question

vSZ & vSZ-D Tunnel mode not broadcasting SSID

Hello, I have both vSZ & Data Plane instances installed. I have an issue where when enabled in tunnel mode, it stops broadcasting the SSID for some strange reason. However when I do disable the tunneling method in vSZ - the AP starts to broadcast the SSID again. I have these instances install

Question

E-Mail Server Access Control

Hello, I am running a vSZ and R550s. They are all up to date. I have a WLAN that I am working on for Corporate Owned Mobile Devices, basically company phones that come and go. We want this to be isolated from the share resources and basically only want these devices to be able to browse the in

Question

Upgrading SZ100 error: The system cannot be upgraded, because the following zone(s) will be unsupported: v3.5.1.0.419 * 1.

Hello Everybody, Trying to upgrade my SmartZone100. Current version 3.6.2.0.250, AP Firmware version 3.6.2.0.759. Trying to install version 5 (file scge-installer_5.2.2.0.317.ximg) and got the following error: The system cannot be upgraded, because the following zone(s) will be unsupported: v3.5.

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

SmartZone 100 (SZ104) - Discovering Multiple APs

Planning to deploy 100+ APs in to a SZ cluster (2x SZ104). What's the best way to enable AP discovery by the WLC? WLC IP is in 172.x.x.x/24 range (MGT). Do the APs have to be in the same range as the WLC to be discovered? If so, how can we enable 172.x.x.x range in all the APs? (Is the only optio

Question