Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (393)

Activity
What is included in "Miscellaneous" and "Others" usage of applications?

Is there a list of applications which are included in theese categories?

Question

• Wireless Questions & Best Practices

Which Unleashed AP for wireless video production monitoring?

I build apps for, and support, wireless video monitoring for film/video production. Typically there will be one or two Wi-Fi-capable cameras (or camera-attached Wi-Fi encoders) that send video to iPhones / iPads. Each camera sends data streams at .8 Mbps to 2.5 Mbps; some send streams of JPEGs over

Question

Can you restrict based on the time?

HiI have searched and couldn't find an answer so thought I would ask here. I have a ZoneDirector 1100 and was looking for a way to restrict access to the main SSID based on time. So, for example, kids devices can't access the Wi-Fi after 10pm.ThanksShailesh

Question

• 

Answered

WLAN SSID Login Boarding

Hello All,I want to ask.Currently we using ruckus controller vSZ-H, and we have planning to using 802.1x WPA2 Enterprise and i have problem with authentication login boarding.Here some requested from our customer wanted :1. When the client selects the desired SSID a form appears asking for username

Question

Mobile devices loose Internet connectivity but not network connectivity on ZD1200

When mobile devices are connected to a ZD1200 controller with Zone Flex 7982 AP's, I have a situation where some connected mobile devices loose internet connectivity. Connectivity to the AP is not lost and local resources can still be accessed.The typical sign is the distinctive exclamation mark tha

Question

Mac clients "connected" but no network connectivity

Clients connect to a network we've created fine - login window is presented.  Systems are not shut down or restarted at end of day - just closed.  Basically asleep.Next morning, employees open their MacBooks and WiFi says they are connected to the Ruckus network - but they have no internet.Disconnec

Question

How to limit total traffic / max packet using freeradius ?

Hi there.I am currently limit my guest usage from session time with freeradius. Next, I want to limit my guest usage by max packets. Any idea will be apreciated. Thank you.*ps: I am using VSZ-H and Ruckus AP R500, also FreeRadius 3.

Question

Site Survey

A customer wants a site survey that compares Aruba and Ruckus access points. Normally I would just do a passive survey with each brand of AP. Which is OK for APs that use an omni directional antennas, but I plan on using a R510 which uses BeamFlex+ technology. If I only do a passive survey, does tha

Question

ZoneFlex 7982 compatible with ZoneDirector 1200?

Hi,Does anybody know if the ZoneDirector 1200 is compatible with the ZoneFlex 7982 AP's? We have a customer that is thinking about getting the ZoneDirector 1200 but we are unsure if the old AP's will work with that controller.I do not unfortunately have access to the KB article that provides informa

Question

• 

Answered

question on malicious networks

Hello Ruckus fans.We are running a network with 260+ APs in hospitality. Nearby are several other hotels and an airport. The ZD shows several new rogue networks every day, which is ok. But my question is:What happens to the rogue network/SSID when I click on "mark as malicious"? Will the ZD attack t

Question

limit devices per login credentials

hello, is there any way to limit devices per username? i have active directory authentication configured. all users can connect to wifi network with their credentials, but if user shares username/pass, they can simultaneously access internet. so i'm looking for the way to limit one devices p

Question

R310 unleashed - Add 2 R500's for Mesh?

I have an existing WiFi network consisting of 7 R310 AP's and I need to do a Mesh to add an outdoor AP. From what I've read in the Forum the R310 does not support Mesh? Assuming this is correct, could I add 2 R500 to the unleashed network and use one of them for the outdoor AP or would the R310's on

Question

Limit dB signal for access

Hello,We have a ZD1106 controller and some r600 zoneflex. I would like to know if it is possible to configure a limit on the signal power in the access of the users?For example. If a user is too far from the AP with a -70 dBm signal he will not be able to connect or the AP will disconnect the user.I

Question

• 

Answered

2.4 GHz channels and power settings

Can I just get some clarification on best practices for the Ruckus APs.I've been told to not use the 1,6,11 channel pattern and have all the 2.4GHz channels (1-11) enabled as this helps with beamflex; is this true as it goes against everything I have learnt?In addition, I have been told to leave the

Question

• 

Answered

USING MIB TO MONITOR AP STATE

Hello,I need to see the state (Up /down) of my Ap's on EON (Eyes of network). I use the  Virtual SmartZone - Essentials (vSCG-E01).Can you tell me how to do? with the command snmwalk ? OID?Than you in advance

Question

Configuring active directory authentication zonedirector 1200

Hi all, I am configuring a zonedirector 1200 controller to authenticate users thru active directory, when i log in it says authenticated and loops (goes) back to the login page? any solutions to this

Question

• 

Answered

Whatsapp Voice Notes over VLAN not working

In this new deployment we have a very simple setup. Two SSID with VLANs, one internal and one public.The internal SSID VLAN has a properly configured firewall with its own internet connection, this VLAN is VLAN 1 and is untagged, so far; this will change when we fix the issues we have.The public SSI

Question

Announcement: ZoneFlex P300 100.1.0.9.57 GA Refresh3 posted to Support

Greetings, Ruckus DevEng and QA have released a new (GA Refresh3) firmware for our P300 PtMtP 802.11ac wireless bridges. We’ve posted the new P300 PtMtP bridge Release Notess and firmware, and here are the links you can use to access the new code.   ZoneFlex P300 Version100.1.0.9.57 (GA Refresh3) R

Announcement

Retirement community with 1200+ residents. How can we setup individual "networks" without 1200+ SSIDS?

the goal is to have joe smith print to the printer in his apartment from anywhere on campus. or allow him to use his phone to control his tv.  etc. We use radius for corporate devices with a single SSID, works great.For our residents we have a seperate SSID. Another seperate for guests. if we use ra

Question

My Ruckus box was switched off and now it won't connect to the internet

After having been turned off (by a decorator who unplugged it all) I switched it back on I think it is connected properly (but I have no directions as was not given them when it was installed) it won't connect to the web.My internet preferences say "Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.149

Question