Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (393)

Activity
Ruckus AP's in Ekahau Survey Pro

Hi we are surveying a Ruckus install with Ekahau Survey Pro and we are seeing other vendor AP's populating the AP device name window but the Ruckus AP's are either blank in this window or displaying a generic Ruckus Wireless name. We would like to see the AP name i.e AP01 etc but its doesnt appear

Idea

• Wireless Questions & Best Practices

AP was rebooted by the system because of [system fault] / [unknown reason]

I am using 2x SmartZone 100 and it is cluster. I noticed that some of our AP was rebooted by the system event code is 302 and 303.

Question

Measurement for Voice Design (BPDG Voice)

Hi,i have to plan a small "Voice Design" with Ruckus and Ascom i62.Because of the weaker Signal Strength on the phone, i have to consider the difference to my measurement tool. The Vendor recommends -65dbm for the Phone and the offset to my Wifi-Dongle is about 8db. Whats the best practice?- A Measu

Question

30x APs ZD / vSZ vs Standalone Performance comp

we have just about every ruckus product and AP, and of course love them. We use/manage various Zone Directors as well as vSZ controllers; additionally we have some locations w entirely standalone APs (we don't mix per location).  We provide wifi internet to various MDUs as long as > 60 units)I want

Question

No access to guest WLAN

Hello out there. One of our clients can't receive access to the guest WLAN but works fine on all other WLANs of ours. This happens only to this one client and no one else. I know it's not a Ruckus issue, but have you ever heard of this?

Question

iPhone 7 stops transmitting

I am having issues with the iPhone 7 and 7+. I believe the issue is entirely client side, but I'm still the one needing to fix it. We have an 802.1x certifcate based  SSID, and periodically throughout the day iPhone 7's will stop working. The iPhone will show connected, but it not longer shows up in

Question

R310 IP Conflict with Windows Desktop

Both R310 and Windows Desktop are directed connected to the ISP Router. However, we are facing daily network failures due to "conflict of ip".We set a static ip for our R310 and excluded the ip from the DHCP pool. It went well for about a week after which the same issue occurred again.This is happen

Question

R310 unleashed network, devices drop connection and just spinning wheel until router rebooted

I have a residential location with 5 Unleashed R310 AP's on a Verizon connection using the Verizon Actiontec router/modem. Frequently connected devices drop connection, they look to be connected but device (eg. iPhone) shows spinning wheel under connection. The only way to reconnect the device is re

Question

Client wifi capatibilies

Hi Everybody. Does someone have a list of phones with data about wifi antenna confguration and capabilities? I am interested in device MIMO configuration (1x1:1, 2x2:2, etc). Thanks a lot.

Question

Impact of changing Encryption Method on WLAN

Hi All,I want to change the Encryption Method from "WPA-Mixed" to "WPA2" on SCG200 WLANs configuration. Will it have any service impact (service interruption, disconnect and reauthenticate,...) on those devices which are using WPA2?Thank you,Meheretab

Question

7372 vs R310 which one has stronger RADIO stability and higher per client throughput?

Friend of mine is having some retired AP from his company. Currently I was advised of the choice of 7372 and R310. I am deciding on which one would be a better AP to be deployed for the purpose.Currently situation, a Mikrotik 951G-2HnD device has been deployed for WiFi coverage of a community hall o

Question

• 

Answered

Unable to authenticate every morning (spesific time)

Hi Experts..I have 86 Access Point that have same problem every morning, most client cant login authentication and connect until 10am while some other (only 1 per 8 client) can login before that timeIm using 3 Active Directory for AAA ServersI had try to ping each Access Point ip's replyping AAA ser

Question

Walled Garden not work with IPv6

I have a problem that is hindering the implementation of an ipv6 network for wireless users. Does walled garden not support IPv6? How can I solve this?Thank you.

Question

• 

Answered

Flooding Laptop MAC

when a specific laptop is turned on all other wireless devices lose their connection but when that laptop is connected to the switch with an ethernet cable the connections are all stable.typically when the laptop is connected via wireless we (7 other laptops and iPhones, occasionally more devices) a

Question

Locating connecting devices on a floorplan?

I've used avaya, cisco and alcatel and other APs in the past.  They often had a control suite that I could use and I could import a floorplan and place the APs on the floorplan.  Once I did that it could triangulate where connected devices were on the floorplan.    Is this possible with Ruckus?   I

Question

Cannot connect to SSIDs of Ruckus R710

Hi, hope somebody can help on this. Recently bought Ruckus R710 to use it as a router (instead of using shitty routers available at best buy)with my netgear modem. Opened package, made connections and followed Setup instructions and logged in to ruckus Admin Page and enabled 2.4 and 5g wireless ne

Question

Upgrade Latest Firmware ZoneDirector 1200

hi.. if I want to upgrade the latest version for ZoneDirector 1200 from 9.9.0.0 version, what the impact for the license? I have license for 7 APs in the ZoneDirector 1200 (5 APs default is free)

Question

Ruckus Captive Portal Integration with SQL Server Database

Is it possible to integrate Ruckus with MS SQL server database to get the authentication?Eg.VIP-WiFi > VIP Users are those who have an unique membership number; They should be able to enter their membership number (No password) in the portal and have access to the internet.

Question

Concurrent Users limits - is a hardware limited setting or a recommendation ?

Hello friends,The information about the Concurrent Users that a AP have as a specs is refering to a physical limit or something different ?It is a best practice thing for wireless speed/experience ? If It is, There are any documents about best pratice like disable something to expaned the concurrent

Question

ZD5000 9.12.3 DHCP OPT82 - Causing user failure and roaming

FriendsI have one big problem:My wifi network has an external DHCP server (WAG7750 Alcatel), and when my users access the wifi network (zf7341 / ZD5000 9.12.3.0 build 83), the first connection happens normally. However, when the user moves, he loses the connection, and to get a new IP, it takes almo

Question