Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (393)

Activity
ZD3000 CHANGE

Hello, I have a similiar situation like another question posted... I have to change a ZD3000 (25 licenses) broken, I bought a ZD3000 (50 licenses) reconditioned, I do NOT have the configuration of the old ZD3000. Will the APs (ZF7982) recognize the new ZD3000 ? They are in a warehouse at 30-50

Question

• 

Answered

• Wireless Questions & Best Practices

un activated licenses

can I transfer licenses that are not activated from one ZD 3000 to another ZD 3000?

Question

replacing controller managed by one company with our own.

I am replacing ZD3000 controller managed by one company with our own ZD 3000 to manage our own 24 Ruckus ZF7982 Access Points -. what is the best possible seamless way to do this?

Question

• 

Answered

Phillips Hue - Connecting to IoT Controller

So has anyone had any luck connecting a Phillips Hue Bridge to the IoT module?  Does it require any specific Plugin or should it connect without any plugins?

Question

AP Wireless Radio Hanging

Dear All... Has anyone noticed that the APs are showing online in controller but the wireless radio is hanged. If yes does Ruckus admits that AP's wireless radio gets hanged and wireless controller notifies about this issue? If No, who can confirm that ruckus APs has not radio hanging problem.

Question

• 

Answered

Why isn't 802.11k and 802.11r enabled by default in ZoneDirector?

For roaming purposes having the 802.11k and 802.11r protocols enabled is supposed to beneficial. So, why are these protocols disabled by default? Are there any drawbacks or disadvantages of enabling this protocol in any environment?

Question

Printer "unauthorized" on WLAN

I am trying to connect a HP OfficeJet 8600 to an encrypted WLAN. I get a connection error on the printer:"Unable to connect to the network." WLAN is on VLAN1 and all other clients connect and authorize fine. SSID authentication: openEncryption: WPA2Algorithm: AESZD (9.8.2.0 build 15) shows printer a

Question

• 

Answered

Trying to troubleshoot periodic disconnects

I'm trying to troubleshoot users who complain that their wi-fi periodically drops out, then automatically re-connects about 30 seconds later. We are using the ZD1200, version 10.1.1.0.55, with 4 R720s and one ZF7982 AP. About 90 total clients, mostly MacOS. Our primary SSID is set to broadcast only

Question

How can I see access point neighbors in VSZ

Running 3.5.0.0.808 VSZ.  Is there no way I can simply see access point neighbors and what other SSID's are being broadcasted by them etc?  Its a pretty basic feature that every vendor offers so I'm surprised if it is not available in VSZ?

Question

• 

Answered

Can't leave blank DNS entries on Virtual SmartZone High Scale 6_1 API?

I'm doing a WiFi setup where everything's handled, the APs are set to IPv4 Static, and the primary/secondary DNS fields are blank.When I configure them this way on the web, the blank fields are accepted. But if I try modifying the APs to static using the API, I get this message:{"message":"network.p

Question

• 

Answered

No mesh, no WDS, no repeater mode ZF7363

ZF7363 EOL device I understand that but it can't mesh on standalone, can't be a repeater, I have a Chinese £11 Can which has repeater mode and the signal is as good as ZF7363. I thought I will give Ruckus a try even thought it is an old device I would still expect it to do basic functionality.

Question

• 

Answered

Social Media WLAN - SmartZone Controller

Hi everyone!Is it possible to have Social Media WLAN at SmartZone controller?I found this option just at Zone Director. I'm missing something?Thanks!!

Question

[808 Cluster application stopped] on vSZ-E 5.0.0.0.675

We are testing vSZ-E version 5.0.0.0.675 before deploying to customer. Two errors occured about 3 hours apart.808 | Cluster application stopped | Critical | Outstanding | Application [NC] on node [TEST-vSZ] stopped.Is this a known bug in version 5.0 ? I have downloaded the logs, but I can't open a c

Question

AC+ not working with older devices - any other kind of secondary protocol I can add?

I'm part of an organization that uses Ruckus for our Wifi services. I do not know any of the exact specifics, because I am not part of the hardware team on our organization.We are using an AC+ protocol, and some of our older devices do not work correctly with it. We have gotten complaints from users

Question

RADIUS ACL attributes

Can`t find how to assign ACL with Access-Accept RADIUS response and what attributes to use.Want to know how to assign ACL via sending id and via sending ACL rules in Access-Accept RADIUS response

Question

• 

Answered

Client Isolation Whitelist Chromecast with R500

Hello. I walked into a situation that has 4 Ruckus R500 access points. There are 2 SSID's being broadcast, both on VLAN1. One is a private network that has no restrictions other than WPA2 password, the other one has the additional 2 checkboxes set to enable guest isolation (under advanced settings,

Question

Issue with hotspot redirect to captive portal

I'm having trouble with the hotspot redirect to captive portal for authentication. I have a Guest VLAN 201, where it's able to redirect properly. When a client connects to the Guest SSID, my firewall provides an IP address via DHCP and also a dns cache entry to point to the ZD's IP address. This wo

Question

help connecting Apple iPad 1st generation to Unleashed r510

Roughly 20 1st Gen Apple Minis are unable to connect with any of our 16 r510 Unleashed network APs. Enduser's BYOD iPhones and newer iPads connect w/o issue everywhere.I am able to connect to other WiFi networks such as at home and at the local Apple store just not on our Unleashed/Fortigate network

Question

R500 WiFi speed (2.4 and 5) seems limited to 100mbps despite FIOS Gigabit

Have read many posts and am convinced I have some type of configuration issue.  All of my new devices (e.g., iPhone XS, Surface Pro 6) seem to top out at 100/100mbps.  I don't use mesh, have 3 R500s and a ZD 1200 connected to Verizon FIOS Gigabit internet which delivers 800+mbps to my hardwired devi

Question

Connect AP ( R510) to Virtual SmartZone - Essentials 3.6 using wireless only ( without cables conected to the network)

Connect APs ( R510)  to Virtual SmartZone - Essentials  3.6 using wireless only ( without cables connected to the network) - I`m planning to use Mesh but I don`t wanna make  pre setups using network cables.  note: I`m not using unleash

Question

• 

Answered