Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (395)

Activity
EoS Pre-Announcement: Legacy 802.11n APs are reaching End Of Life milestones.

The following Ruckus ZoneFlex APs will go End of Sale on December 31, 2016.ZoneFlex 7982, Dual band indoor 802.11n 3x3:3 access point (replacement = ZoneFlex R700)ZoneFlex 7372, Dual band indoor 802.11n 2x2:2 access point (replacement = ZoneFlex R500)ZoneFlex 7372-E, Dual band indoor 802.11n 2x2:2 a

Announcement

• Wireless Questions & Best Practices

What is the optimal orientation of the R500

Question

• 

Answered

HIgh latency but little interference

We have three R710s running in an auto repair shop, and users intermittently report disconnects. I see high latency on pings. I put everything to 5Ghz and running InSSIDer I see little to no interference. Running Macbook's WiFi diagnostics I see -50 db and little noise. Any other ideas of what I can

Question

Do i need a ZoneDirector for Wireless Roaming?

Hi, Do i need a ZoneDirector for Wireless Roaming? One of my Customers need a Wireless Network for his Warehouse. There will be about 15 to 20 Wireless Barcode Scanner. The Scanner supports 802.11b/g/n. I read there is no need for a ZoneDirector for Layer 2 Roaming because this is implemented in

Question

• 

Answered

I want to buy standalone WAP that supports mumimo, 802.11ac wave 2 that doesn't require controller/catalyst. Which one that meets my request

I want to buy standalone WAP that supports mumimo, 802.11ac wave 2 that doesn't require controller/catalyst. Which one that meets my request

Question

Cisco ISE and Ruckus

Hi,I'm in the planning stage of rolling out Cisco Identity Services Engine v2 , we already have Ruckus WiFi connected to Zonedirector ZD3050. I've found the Cisco documentation, but it only really mentions Ruckus in passing. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/release_notes/ise20_r

Question

• 

Answered

5ghz preference

Is there any way to steer client devices toward using the 5ghz band rather than not offering 2.4 on the access point? Almost all of the devices in our network tend to connect at 2.4 even though they're perfectly capable of 5.

Question

• 

Answered

Ruckus Wireless Network Solution Enquiry

I would like to setup 2 unit Ruckus ZoneFLex R710 AP and 3 unit Ruckus ZoneFlex R500 AP and ZoneDirection 1200 in my office.I will create three SSID with different VLAN for internal user, Guest user and Mobility device.I will create a SSID for internal user with VLAN 1 and enable capital portal with

Question

Estimated Capacity very low on AP R710

Hiya All :)I have a big problem into a building here, with the WiFi. Actually users complain about speed of APs, so what I already did :- Did a complet site survey with Ekahau Site Survey- Move/remove a lot of APs for remove Overlapping and get a good strengh of signal- Remove the 2.4 Ghz, like that

Question

Increase logs in all events ZoneDirector 3000

Hello all Hope you're well !I am wondering if we can increase the maximum log into "All Events". It's limited to 2500. When this limit is reached, the oldest events will be overwritten when new events occur.Can we increase that limit ? Or there is another way to see much logs ?Thanks a lot for your

Question

Announcement: SZ Release 3.2.1 Patch-1 (Build-193) is available on Support

Ruckus SmartZone 3.2.1.0.193 (MR Patch1) is now posted and available for download from Support. Important updates are outlined in the Release Notes: https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/1014-smartzone-3-2-1-mr-patch1-release-notes And Virtual SmartZone includes a Pre-upgrade Resource updat

Question

We are a school and have introduced MAC filtering for staff. I am aware that there are only 128 MAC Filtering addresses available.

We are a school and have introduced MAC filtering for staff. I am aware that there are only 128 MAC Filtering addresses available.  Is there a way that this could be increased? If I create a separate SSID, would this make another 128 addresses available on the new SSID?

Question

• 

Answered

Searching for a USB wireless adapter that allows changing roaming aggressiveness

We have a large outdoor area now covered by Ruckus T300 APs.  The USB wireless adapters that we currently employ in the vehicles are not very aggressive in their changing from one access point to another.  Usually they wait until the signal drops before roaming to the next AP.  The current adapters

Question

P300 Speeds vs distance

I have a customer who lives on an island and would like decent speeds.  I know the p300 is capable of handling the distance but what I'm unsure of is roughly the speed he will be getting. So, how does the isp provided speed relate to the p300 range?If he pays for a 100mbps connection, theoretically,

Question

Ruckus R710 APs on HP Procurve 3500yl (J9310A) PoE+ switch

This took a bit to find the clues scattered across the Internet. I am putting this here to help others who are on the hunt to get their HP Procurve PoE+ switches working with the new Ruckus R710 AP (in 802.3at mode). I tested this method on the HP Procurve 3500yl (J9310A) PoE+ switch. It may work on

Question

75 SSID's ... Say What??

I have a potential customer who has about 75 residents and wants to have a separate ssid for each, with different passwords. Typically we install a Ruckus WIFI system with no more than 10 SSID's. Based upon my research, each WLAN can support 27 SSID's and I can create more than enough WLAN's within

Question

Pushing out Certificate

We are at a school and run two IP ranges. One for students and the other for teachers. The default is the student range. Since everything has started to go through https we have had to create a certificate for filtering purposes. This is where we hit a problem. I am able to push out a certifica

Question

Is it mandatory to use certificate for guests in cloudpath system?

Some users would like convenience rather than security. It's not the best way to download and install the ONC file for them, especially for Android clients -- they have to download an APP, install it and configure it. The experience is terrible! So, I was wondering if there are some simpler enrollme

Question

Site survey for Stadium

Going to do site survey for big stadium, when I upload .DWG map to zoneplanner Software, it is very slow and crash. what is the best way to process for big stadium site survey? divide the layout into sections can help me and give me the same result? Thanks.

Question

Calculate drop rate for individual user on ZD ?

Just wondering if I am looking at an individual user stats on the ZD, I get the TX packets count and the TX retries count.Am I right in just doing TxRetries/TxTotalPackets to get an approximate drop percentage for that user ?  Or does the Tx total packets also include all the retries in that statist

Question