Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (813)

Activity
What is the Cost of Provisioning a new vSZ-H?

How much is the cost of provisioning a new vSCG with current firmware version.25 GB RAM + 4 CPU + 200 GB HDD

Question

• SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

Announcement: SmartZone 5.2.1.0.515 (GA) is available on Support Portal

Greetings---Ruckus is proud to announce a new major SmartZone 5.2.1 (GA) release, for AP and ICX switch control, with some important new features and functions.  The Documentation and Firmware are now available on our Support portal, at these links; please read the Release Notes for the New Features

Announcement

Hotspot SSL error SZ100

Hi,i am trying to create Hotspot service for Guest.we don't have any external proxy to authenticate, when i connect to hotspot wifi i am getting error1. when i connect to hostspot from phone its saying (internet may not available ) if i select keep wi-fi connection and try to brows its taking me uns

Question

Smartzone joining cluster after setup ?

Hello, I have two existing vSmartzone controllers both fully configured. Now I want to join one of them to the other as a cluster. However I cannot find info on how to do this outside of the Setup Wizard and there does not appear to be any option in the GUI cluster settings.How do I achieve this wit

Question

Create Domain

Hi,i am not able to create a new Domain, only zone option available

Question

• 

Answered

Missing 802.11ax features on R730 compared to R750

The SZ 5.2 Release Notes seem to indicate that there is now a significant feature gap between R730 and R750. Is this temporary or will R730 never support OFDMA, DL/UL-MU MIMO, And TxBf? This has started getting a bit confusing since the R730 data sheet has listed those features for over a year now

Question

• 

Answered

SZ100 Upgrade from 3.6.2.0.222 to 5.2

Hi,i am trying to upgrade from 3.6.2.0.222 to 5.2. i am getting error "your current system cannot be upgraded. Reason:The system cannot be upgraded, because the following zone(s) will be unsupported: v3.5.1.0.419 * 1"Kindly let me know how can i upgrade to latest version.This is new Device ones i up

Question

• 

Answered

Product difference SZ100 and SZ104

Hi,I purchase SZ100 (P01-S104-UK00) but which i received is SZ104.when i check the data sheet image totally  different, which i received fully black  color. Its new design? but when i check google am not able to find anything like that. its look like SZ100-D

Question

• 

Answered

vSZ-H CLI - Access denied when tagging a domain under a parent domain.

First of all under "config-domain" (admin) command does not work.  It is not even available like the configuration guide suggests.  Secondly if I create two domains and try to use the "parent" command under one domain to tag it under another one.  Command goes through but when I exit out and try to

Question

vSZ-H number of domain, zone, apgroup, wlan group, SSID

vSZ-H number of domain, zone, apgroup, wlan group,  SSIDhellofirst of all i can't speak English wel..i have some questioni can't find any document, guide etc...vSZ-H maximum number of domain, zone, ap-group, wlan-groupand maximum number of SSID(per wlan-group?) , BSSID (per domain ? or whole system?

Question

Have you ever seen the symptom when you registered a SmartZone and activated a support entitlement of the SZ?

The smart license system makes us very tired.Ruckus' smart license is very complex.First of all, you must purchase Smartzone appliance device and purchase support entitlement for the SZ and AP capacity license under the same customer name to use the smart license.However, from about 1-2 years ago, t

Question

Enable 802.11h in vSZ-H

I can't seem to find where to enable 802.11h in the vSZ-H.  Documentation shows that ChannelFly uses 802.11h.  I enabled ChannelFly but still don't see 802.11h in the captures.  What am I missing here?

Question

SZ 100/vSZ H layer 2 discovery differences

Hello till now we were deploying high amount of SZ100 clusters, but recently we are switching to vSZ high scale.  We always place SZ or vSZ to same subnet as APs.With SZ100 AP gets IP from dhcp (no dhcp option 43) and is discovered by the controller without any issue.With vSZ it seems different. We

Question

Captive Portal redirect is not working

When I connect to the guess Wi-Fi and open a browser  the browser wont redirect to the captive portal unless i put in the url.   Once connect I can ping the gw but I can't ping 8.8.8.8.  Currently running controller version 5.2.0.0.699.

Question

vsz ldap group access

I'm trying to get a remote virtual smartzone to connect to AD via ldap. The AD server has a port forward from the firewall, the VSZ is also behind a firewall with all port forwards working. I have SSIDs working with WPA2 personal fine.I've got device auth working via radius from the APs but the repl

Question

Dell E7470 laptop and R730 access point failure

Hello, our Dell E7450 and E7470 laptops do not connect to our R730 access points which are controlled by Virtual Smartzone firmware 3.6.2. They do however connect to our older Ruckus wifi access points.They are running AC wifi NICs. Has anyone else had the same problem or know what the fix would be

Question

Cloning an existing zone - Smartzone

Hello, I have an existing zone within my SmartZone configuration. This zone is populated with all of our groups and access points. I now want to create a new zone in advance of a firmware upgrade. If I choose the 'clone zone' option will this cause any network interruption ? e.g. I assume it will cl

Question

Virtual Smartzone 802.11n and 802.11ac compatibility.

Hello, we are currently running Virtual Smartzone with firmware 3.6.2.0.222.We are finding that older 802.11n devices cannot connect. Is this a known issue and is there a more recent firmware version that can fix this i.e. allow 802.11n and 802.11ac connectivity ?Thank you.

Question

NO BEANS FOR YOU!!!

After upgrading to VZ-H to 5.2.0.0.699, our admins began to see the following error when attempting to reset their passwords. "No Bean Specified"Thoughts?

Question

• 

Answered

vSZ-D config with two vSZ-H

If I have two vSZ-H instances for redundancy.  Can I not use just one vSZ-D instance for both of them?

Question