Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (813)

Activity
vSZ-E Social Login Support in v6.0

I am trying to use the social login feature that was just released in SmartZone v6.0 but am running into significant roadblocks. I would like to know if anyone has managed to get this feature working and would be willing to share a sanitized version of their configuration. Specifically, I am trying

Question

• SmartZone (SZ) & Virtual SmartZone (vSZ)

SZ API query for specific attributes

I am trying to get some information using the API. The URI is /wsg/api/public/v9_1/query/ap If I POST { "filters": [ { "type": "DOMAIN", "value": "blah" } ], "attributes": [ "*" ] } then it returns all information, but if I do { "filters": [ { "type": "DOMAIN", "value": "blah" } ], "attribute

Question

Migration from SZ-100 to vSZ-E

Hello everyone, we are using a SZ-100 on 5.2.2.0.1161 and we want to migrate to a vSZ-E. I already found some helpful posts regarding migration with Switch-Over Cluster function, but i was wondering if an easier way would also be possible. This would be my desired procedure: 1. Install a vSZ-E

Question

Accepted Solution

RSSI reading comparisons

Hello, when looking at the RSSI readings for clients in Smartzone I notice they appear a lot worse than when actually on site using a tool such as INSSIDER to show RSSI levels. For example, the Smartzone client RSSI level might show -75dbM, however when using INSSIDER on the local laptop the RSSI i

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

7982 APs won't join SZ100

I have a SZ100 running 3.6.2.0.222. My zf7982 are running 3.6.2.0.254 and won't join the controller.  I have a bunch of R510 &  R710s that joined just fine.   I can ping the SZ from the AP and they are on the same network.  I manually added the server IP to the AP with

Question

How to upload certificate on SmartZone Controllers

We have often come across a situation where we had to upload the wildcard certificate on the SmartZone controller. The reason, we do not want to get:        Certificate error while accessing the management GUI of controller        Certificate error while accessing the Captive Portal/Hotspot p

RUCKUS Self-Help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

How to download AP firmware from SZ directly?

I've got an unleashed deployment I want to convert over to SZ now that they've been upgraded to a supported version for the R850. i'd like to skip the step of these things upgrading themselves multiple times to convert to SZ.  I know the SZ hosts copies of the firmware for every model of AP th

Question

Official Solution

[CVE-2021-44228] Apache Log4j2 RCE

Hello. Our customer is running a Ruckus SmartZone (sz-100) controller.The version of the controller is 5.1.1.0.598. The customer asked if the SmartZone has the following this security vulnerabilities. ** Vulnerability: [CVE-2021-44228] Apache Log4j2 RCE Thank you for your valuable answers to

Question

no 'Patch/Diagnostic Scripts' tab in SmartZone 5.2.1.0.515 for log4J exploit script.

Hello, I am following the instructions for uploading the log4J fix script, however there is no tab in my SmartZone cluster for 'Patch/Diagnostic scripts' i.e. only a tab within 'Diagnostics' - 'Scripts' for 'AP CLI Scripts'. Where do I upload this log4j .ksp script ? Thank you.

Question

Alert from SZ when managed switchport goes down

I have a vSZ (5.1.2.0.302) with a few managed switches (7150) and I'm trying to figure out how to get an alert from the vSZ when one of the ports in the switches goes down or comes up.Is there anybody who have any ideas ??The switches are accessing the controller by a public IP, and therefor does no

Question

vSZ-H change description clusternode

Hi All, We want to change the description of the Nodes in our cluster. Not the the clustername or name of the node, just the desciption field of the node. Somehow i can't find it where to change it. Regards, S

Question

Validations to be considered before upgrade activity on Smart zone/Virtual smart zone

In this self-help discussion, I will explain the precautions that needs to be taken before planning for an upgrade activity. There can be many reasons for an upgrade failure to occur during the upgrade activity. It can be a network related issue/it can also be a hardware related issue. Firstly,

RUCKUS Self-Help

SmartZone custom ICX switch events

Hello, Trying to take advantage of custom ICX switch events from SZ 6.0. I have setup a few TextPattern custom events and enabled the EMAIL event management for the different severities. Emails have been tested coming from SmartZone and it works. I am wondering how SZ can receive these Text

Question

No puedo conectarme a mi ip de administracion

Por favor amigos su ayuda no puedo conectarme a mi ip de administracion. la ip de control esta activa y tengo ping hacia su ip al igual que con la ip de cluster pero a mi ip per administracion no tengo ping ni la veo activa o en uso en mi scan de red. Al ejecutar el comando "show service" e

Question

AP pulling original configs in or out of the staging zone

Hello, I have something weird going on, but I'm trying to figure out how to fix this issue. I have an AP with FW: 6.0.0.0.1594, and I reset its configurations via the physical AP & via the vSZ-E (FW: 6.0.0.0.1331). The issue I'm encountering is - once those configs are reset (AP), it connects

Question

SZ Cluster - APs balanced on Control Plane but not Data Plane

I'm running a pair of SZ124s on v5.2.2.0.1161 and recently clustered them. Clicked the "rebalance APs" button and now I see an even split of ~200 assigned to each of the two SZs.... but, when checking the AP page and enabling the Data Plane column, only 3 APs are using one of the controllers' data

Question

Want to change the firmware of h320 to standalone after it joins controller

Dears, I have some ruckus H320 that are joined to ruckus virtual smartzone essential, their firmware version is now 3.5.1. For some requirement, i want to disconnect those aps from the controller, and convert their firmware to standalone, but now when i attempt to access the ap via web to change

Question

Official Solution

Changing the resources of ruckus smartzone-essentials virtual machine

Hello Team, We already have ruckus Virtual smartzone-Essentials deployed on a virtual machine, and it accommodates for a maximum of 100 AP. In the site we had an unexpected growth and we need to install more than 100 AP, in the document it is stated that for deployments to accommodate up to 500 A

Question

Accepted Solution

Creating Admin ACL's through vSZ?

Hello, New to vSZ, but I have a question pertaining to controlling what IP's can/can't access our admin portal. Would I need to create an ACL profile, prior to doing an L3 policy ? I have my vSZ NAT'd on WAN, but I know I can accomplish such tasks through that firewall - but for simpler terms

Question

Disable Wi-Fi6 at WLAN level

Hi Guys, Just wondering if I can get some help with this Wi-Fi6 "Enable" feature.  Do I need to tick on the box or untick on the box to make sure there is no issue with Wi-Fi5 clients connecting to Wi-Fi6 AP? I feel that the language bit unclear, at least for me :( Do I untick or tick

Question