sander_groen's profile

52 Messages

• 

730 Points

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 12:42 PM

Unleashed 200.9.10.4.233 firmware

Hi all,

I see that unleashed firmware 200.9.10.4.233 has been released if you look on the master AP via the browser. I don't yet see it on the site hence there are no release notes available yet. I succesfully upgraded my 3 ap's (2 x R710 and 1 x R610) to unleashed 200.9.10.4.233 however 2 AP's (except the master) were having reboot loops. They come online and shortly after they were rebooting again. I flashed back to version 200.9.10.4.212. Was the release of 200.9.10.4.233 premature?

Thanks!

Responses

45 Messages

• 

714 Points

2 m ago

Im glad i found this thread (and that sander_groen posted it!) , before attempting to upgrade some of our newer unleashed setups.  will wait/keep an eye on this thread before upgrading (from .202).

for those curious, the only info relevant to 200.9.10.4.233 from the change-log are these ive pasted below: (btw, to ruckus support: change logs should always be attached to a release before it is made public,  with no exceptions):

Resolved Issues in Build 200.9.10.4.233
• Resolved an issue where an Unleashed AP reboots due to memory leakage. [ER-9496]
• Resolved an issue where the client cannot ping the gateway. [ER-9426]

(edited)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

I also am having constant reboots on my R750s and R320 after upgrading. How do indiwngrade to the previous version?  

Thanks,

Tony

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Was there any official word from Ruckus regarding this? I can still see this crooked version available for download. I guess we shouldn't expect any better with Commscope continuing to destroy/dissolve the Ruckus brand and I wouldn't be surprised if all top devs were gone by now. Sad story...

3 Messages

• 

82 Points

@anthony_miller 

You may be able to download the previous version of the firmware from Ruckus' website and then upload it via the web UI on each of your APs. I assume that there is probably a different firmware for the R750 and the R320, so make sure you download the right ones.

I did goof one time and tried to update an AP with the firmware from a different model of AP and it refused to apply it, so I don't think you can harm anything if you get things mixed up a bit.

I haven't ever tried to downgrade the firmware on any of my Ruckus APs, so I may be wrong about how you'd do it. Hopefully someone who has downgraded will see your question and give a definitive answer.

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

2 m ago

Where can I download it from as a standalone firmware file?

7 Messages

• 

120 Points

The latest version on support website is 200.9.10.4.212

I need the latest one 200.9.10.4.233 for H510

35 Messages

• 

562 Points

You don't need it. Also it might be 1/2 baked.

Official Rep

• 

971 Messages

• 

14K Points

2 m ago

Hi All,

200.9.10.4.233 has been officially released after multiple tests done by our QA team.

Firmware download link and release notes are available in support portal.

We have taken the feedback from this thread and tried using same set of AP models as mentioned in this thread and QA team was unable to reproduce any AP reboot issue or other issues mentioned in this thread.

We suspect that some issues could be limited to some user network topology or other factors, hence without having logs from failing devices, it is not possible to fix reported issues like AP reboot, etc.

We kindly request any user who is upgrading to this release and facing any issue, please open a support case and provide the logs, we will take up with engineering team accordingly.

Resolved Issues in Build 200.9.10.4.233

• Resolved an issue where an Unleashed AP reboots due to memory leakage. [ER-9496]
• Resolved an issue where the client cannot ping the gateway sometimes [ER-9426]

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

2 Messages

• 

20 Points

@syamantak_omer   I did that but they closed the case as they said it will be addressed in a future release.  I have a Lennar home with 2 R510 APs.  After upgrading to 233 both were rebooting constantly. 

Official Rep

• 

971 Messages

• 

14K Points

Hi @randy_wong ,

Please share the case number.

(edited)

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

2 Messages

• 

20 Points

Ruckus Case 01181330

Official Rep

• 

971 Messages

• 

14K Points

Thanks for sharing the case number.

As I can see, there were no AP support or debug logs provided and also Unleashed was downgraded to fix the issue.

Since there are no logs, its very difficult to find out what was causing the issue.

For everyone's awareness, I am updating the set of logs any Unleashed user should be collecting, for reboot issue.

• AP support logs from all the APs which are rebooting.
  • If possible, monitor and note reboot frequency.
  • Diagnostics file from Admin and Services >> Administration >> Diagnostics >> Save logs.

This is the minimum information support team need, to troubleshoot the issue.

Support may also apply some debugs on the APs to get more detailed information from the support logs.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

8 Messages

• 

132 Points

I have two debug logs , I am going submit them under my case.  .233 on r550's constant kernel panics.

disabled the wifi ssids and downgraded back to .212.

Hopefully this fixes it

187 Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Can confirm, upgraded to 200.9 on a R710 and experienced reboot loops. This is not a good release at all. Downgraded back to 200.6

(edited)

Official Rep

• 

971 Messages

• 

14K Points

Thanks for the feedback, we are checking this internally.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Official Rep

• 

971 Messages

• 

14K Points

2 m ago

Hi All,

So far we got few cases reported by our forum members and we are working internally to find root cause and a fix.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

@syamantak_omer

for awareness currently back on 200.9.10.4.233 as backout failed, still having weird issues.

found glitch on 200.9.10.4.233 where if WLAN was member of a custom AP Group 2.4Ghz network failed to operate or broadcast correctly on 1 of my WLANs, had to delete custom AP group and cycle affected WLAN, WLAN operated IOT devices that only operate on 2.4GHz so it took some time to pinpoint the issue as it worked for a phone but all IOT devices were down due to 2.4Ghz issue even though it said it was up and healthy in GUI, it wasn't broadcasting.

Seems like when it was a member of the AP Group, you couldn't edit or make changes to specific WLAN settings due a a possible permissions or ACL issue. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

Seeing kernel panics / restarts on multiple .233 systems as well. 

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

2 m ago

I've upgraded both R720 and R510 to 200.9.10.4.233. Everything is working like before, except 'Application Visibility' isn't working anymore.

In the WLAN settings, this option is enabled, but in the services tab no more graphs are showing up (even waited for days...).

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions to get the application visibility working again in 200.9.10.4.233?

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 m ago

I did a downgrade of the firmware to 200.8.10.3.290 after the reboot issue with 200.9.10.4.233. Yesterday evening it rebooted again continiously. I found the following errors in the syslog.

Mar 29 22:34:24 Ruckus-Wireless mDNSResponder: mDNSPlatformSendUDP got error 99 (Cannot assign requested address) sending packet to FF02:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00FB on interface 169.254.17.11/br0/32

Is there a workaround to solve this problem?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 m ago

I'm seeing kernel panics with R320 AP on 200.9.10.4.233

9 Messages

• 

130 Points

1 m ago

Constant reboots of my R510 with the x.233 version! Longest uptime is 85 seconds!  I have IP cameras so now my security system is basically useless  

1 Message

• 

60 Points

same here.. R510 with the x.233 version.. keep reboot with kernel panic after update but only after I turn on call over wifi.  So I just turn off Call over wifi and that stopped the reboot .. 

my call over wifi is Tmobile with 3 ePDGs

I think it was not crashing with just 1 ePDGs.. could be a hint.. anyway, I need to roll back to .212 now.. No time to mess with this.

1 epdg.epc.mnc260.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org EditCloneMove Down
2 ss.epdg.epc.mnc260.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org EditCloneMove UpMove Down
3 ss.epdg.epc.geo.mnc260.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org 208.54.37.80 EditCloneMove Up

(edited)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

25 d ago

Adding an additional observation regarding the reboots [AP Restart: kernel panic] and [AP Restart: application reboot] on 200.9.10.4.233.

I just gotten a R650 (acting as Master) and R550. Both APs were running OK for a few days and I decided to try out Wi-Fi Calling. Configured the Profile and assigned it to a SSID.

This is when the AP started rebooting  in tandem. Managed to disable Wi-Fi Calling and all is back to normal again.

35 Messages

• 

562 Points

I had the exact same thing happen.

Important Announcement