Skip to main content
B

5 Messages

• 

60 Points

Mon, Nov 9, 2020 7:07 PM

R600 Unleashed Wifi Battery Drain

Hello, I've set up my first home network with nothing special regarding network rules, VLAN's, etc. The network seems to working great except the Wi-Fi seems to draining both my and my wife Pixel 3's. I've done a hard reset on my pixel and we've tested the Wi-Fi on different Wi-Fi networks and it seems the is coming from the R600 Unleashed AP. I actually have 3 of these AP's installed through the house, but deactivated the other 2 AP's to try and troubleshoot this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Network setup:

- pfSense 2.4.5-RELEASE-p1 

- EdgeSwitch 24 250Wv1.9.1

- R600 Unleashed 200.7.10.202.121

Responses

12 Messages

• 

202 Points

17 days ago

I don't have a pixel, but I do have many other phones in the house using Ruckus AP's and have not seen this issue, so I can't help with that, but I did find this article regarding Pixel 3 battery issues.  Not sure if it will help or not, but certainly worth checking out.

https://www.androidcentral.com/some-google-pixel-3-phones-are-suffering-battery-swelling-issues

5 Messages

• 

60 Points

Thanks, we're not experiencing battery swelling issues and we're not experiencing the battery drain issue when using Wi-Fi at different locations for the day.

Employee

• 

603 Messages

• 

10K Points

17 days ago

Hi,

Could you confirm if there are other Android devices facing this issue or just Pixel-3 phones.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

5 Messages

• 

60 Points

It looks like it improved, thank you for the assistance.

Employee

• 

603 Messages

• 

10K Points

@bit_mite Glad to help you!

Regards,

Syamantak Omer