Skip to main content

8 Messages

• 

174 Points

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 12:24 PM

Answered

R510s stuck offline

After power cut we have 2 out of 7 unleashed r510 APs that are showing as offline. I have a solid red light. How should I get them back online? Thanks

Responses

Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

a year ago

Reboot...?  Make sure they have network connection.

8 Messages

• 

174 Points

Thanks Michael. What is the best way to reboot? The only option available to me in the web interface is ‘remove’. If I select this can I reboot from there?
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

Oh, I meant a physical power cycle, not necessarily a factory reset (which is done with a paperclip thru a little hole by the Eth ports).
The APs should look on the local LAN for other Unleashed APs already running a network, and if they had been Mesh APs, when they don't find one on the Eth, they then look over the air.

8 Messages

• 

174 Points

a year ago

Thanks Michael. Yes I am sure they have network connection. The only option for theses WAPs in the web interface is ‘remove’. I am hoping that if I select this then I will be able to add the WAP again? Just trying to get some reassurance that this is the best way to do this?
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

Try power cycle please.

8 Messages

• 

174 Points

OK and thanks but but do you mean remove power by simply unplugging RJ45 plugs??

All APs are POE. As I said the other 5 out of the 7 are working fine, just the two that haven’t come on line after the power loss, so we do still have a network. Just as well as we rely on all this in school because we use lots of chromebooks. I am happy to try anything but as I am new to this stuff I don’t want to mess up! Your help'is appreciated!

8 Messages

• 

174 Points

The switch they get POE from went off when power was lost but came back up OK and everything else is working OK from that switch. I am on holiday at the moment but can try some of your suggestions when I am back in next week. Thanks.

8 Messages

• 

174 Points

Michael - the power cycle worked. I just removed the POE plug and then replaced it and the APs came back online. Thanks very much for your advice.
Brand User

2.6K Messages

• 

44.8K Points

Glad to hear it!