R

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Mon, Feb 15, 2021 4:41 PM

Lennar Home - Wifi issues

I haver a new Lennar home and we have random power surges.  Everytime the wifi becomes intermittently non responsive, sluggish, and all smart home devices are non-responsive or extremely delayed.  I have tried, unplugging router, doing a hard reset on AP, but no success this time.  Is there documentation on how to configure the AP on the Ruckus dashboard.  Maybe I am missing something.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Responses

21 Messages

• 

284 Points

3 m ago

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but the power surges need to be addressed before you can tell if you have any Ruckus issues. I'm also in a Lennar home. The AP's take 7-10 mins to reboot and come online after a power outage or reboot. You did say surge though so maybe that is messing with the AP's. Do they lose power? 

(edited)

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

If you have mindset most of the features and specs mention in Any laptop then making your own laptop purchase will be quite enough for you. Best Laptop For Architecture

(edited)

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 m ago

Yes, momentarily the power goes out.  I'm told it happens frequently in this area.  I am going to get a UPS for router and ISP modem/gateway, but right now can't seem to get things back to normal.  The power surge was Saturday and it's not been right since.

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

53 Messages

• 

694 Points

Hi there - 

That's an odd situation. How many APs do you have in the house? Since the ICX is the main power source for them, having a UPS on it would be your best bet.

When you look at your Unleashed dashboard, are all of your APs still up and in the mesh, or are any offline?

As stated above, the R510 does take about 5-10 minutes to fully boot, but I can't imagine you'd have issues once the mesh is back up and fully functional.

There are a few things you can try power wise - do you have access to the CLI of the ICX?

Matt Klouda

Technical Enablement and Content Creator/Host

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 m ago

I'm in a Sarasota Lennar home owner and I need my router moved to the closest. Amazon  came but I didn't have all my equipment. He said he can come back when I am ready. How do I get them to come back and put the router in the closet or whatever it is in the "closet"?
THANKS,

KATHRINE

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

53 Messages

• 

694 Points

Hi Katherine - 

Do you have anyone you can contact at Lennar to set this up? I'm fairly sure they will have the right information for you. If not, let me know and I'll see what I can track down on our end.

Keep in mind, I'm NOT passing the buck, I'm 99% sure that's what I have seen as a requirement for that in the past. :)

Good luck and let me know!

Matt Klouda

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

We’re going home this week. No, I had no luck. When we come back in October I’ll try again. 
wht is it important to have the modem in the closet, rather than on the floor?

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

53 Messages

• 

694 Points

I honestly don't know - if you want to snap some pictures of what the set up looks like and post them here, I can give you more insight.

Matt Klouda

1 Message

• 

60 Points

20 d ago

Hi reid,

Did you ever figure out the problem?, I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me crazy. Do you know if Lennar set up the network as a mesh network or as Access Points?

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

19 d ago

Have a lennar home as well. ruckus icx 7150 and a R510 AP.  wifi is on shows connected but is sluggish doesn't connect to internet. Also we have a  smart TV hooked to the 7150 that looses connectivity often. Shows disconnected. The set up was working just fine and now it is not working properly.  I have rebooted both devices one at a time and works for a few minutes then stops.  Any advice will help.

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

53 Messages

• 

694 Points

From the ICX can you perform a show stat and post that here? Which port is the TV on?

Matt Klouda

Brand User

Official Rep

• 

53 Messages

• 

694 Points

One other question - can you verify which version of Unleashed you're currently running? Let me know, you can find that through the app or web UI.

Thanks!

Matt Klouda

Important Announcement